During its peak years Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer's (MGM) lineup included many of the most creative artists, technicians, and stars
in the film industry. The collection consists of scripts and reader reports representing MGM motion picture projects.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer (MGM), the American film production company, was established in 1924 when Metro Picture Corporation (formed
1915), the Goldwyn Picture Corporation (formed 1917), and Louis B. Mayer Pictures (formed 1918) joined together under the
corporate control of Loew's Inc. Louis B. Mayer was vice president and head of the studio and Irving Thalberg was vice president
in charge of production. During the 1930s and 1940s, the studio was home to the finest creative talent, technicians, and stars
in the motion picture industry and dominated Hollywood until the end of WWII. In 1952 the government forced Loew's, Inc. to
divest itself from MGM. In the 1960s, MGM suffered huge declines and was taken over by Kirk Kerkorian (1970) with James T.
Aubrey as president. It was acquired by a consortium of investors in 2005.
23.0 linear ft.
Property rights to the physical object belong to the UC Regents. Literary rights, including copyright, are retained by the
creators and their heirs. It is the responsibility of the researcher to determine who holds the copyright and pursue the copyright
owner or his or her heir for permission to publish where The UC Regents do not hold the copyright.
Open for research. STORED OFF-SITE AT SRLF. Advance notice is required for access to the collection. Please contact UCLA Library
Special Collections for paging information.