Jump to Content
What is OAC?
> UC Berkeley
> Bancroft Library
History of the City Hall and Civic Center by T.B. McGinnis, 1912-1918
BANC PIC 1995.006 -- ALB
Online items available
Contact UC Berkeley::Bancroft Library
View entire collection guide
Search this collection
Entire Collection Guide
Table of contents
141 - 160 of 170 results
Completion steel frame. Auditorium. (15,809,616 lbs. steel in building.) 1753.
Steel frame Auditorium. View north from Market Street. 1746.
Steel frame Auditorium. Hayes Street Auditorium. 1814.
Erecting granite stone front Auditorium. July 30th, 1914.
Progress construction Auditorium. Grove St. front.
Auditorium completed. Cost -- Exposition Co. $1,000,000; City for stone, $210,025; Land $700,000. 2261.
Exposition Auditorium, from Civic Center Plaza.
Interior main hall Auditorium. Seating capacity -- main hall 10,000; six smaller halls 1200 each; four halls 400 each; two committee rooms 50 each. 2180.
[Balcony Floor Plan. Photographic reproduction of architectural drawing for Civic Center Exposition Auditorium.]
[First Floor Plan. Photographic reproduction of architectural drawing for Civic Center Exposition Auditorium.]
Main Public Library building in Civic Center.
Market Street Approach, Civic Center. (Detailed on proposed future appearance.) [Photographic reproduction of architectural drawing.]
Market Street Approach. (Detailed on proposed future appearance.) [Photographic reproduction of architectural drawing for Civic Center.]
Corner Main Approach Civic Center. Detailed on proposed future appearance. [Photographic reproduction of architectural drawing.]
Proposed Fountain for Civic Center San Francisco Cal. [Photographic reproduction of architectural drawing.]
School named originally Newton J. Thorpe, [after] its architect. Name afterward changed to High School of Commerce. 1434. Constructed of steel, brick and concrete. Moving Commercial School from Grove St. bet. Polk and Larkin Sts. to Fell and Franklin Sts.
Ground breaking City Hall site. (Mayor and Board of Supervisors.) April 5, 1913.
Supervisor Paul Bancroft, Charman [sic] Public Buildings Committee presenting Mayor Rolph with a Silver Shovel at ground breaking exercises. City hall site. April 5, 1913, at 3 o'clock p.m.
Mayor Rolph, raising first shovel of dirt from site of City Hall on silver shovel presented by Board of Supervisors. April 5th, 1913.
School children singing at ceremonies, earth breaking in site for City Hall. Stand erected along Van Ness Ave. opposite Fulton St. April 5, 1913.
141 - 160 of 170 results
Information for Researchers
Scope and Content
The Online Archive of California is an initiative of the California Digital Library.