― 1 ―
*Board of Directors Special Meeting*
October 13, 1975
Time and Place of Meeting: Monday, October 13th, 7:30pm at the Center for Independent Living.
There will be another Membership meeting on Friday, November 7th. A telephone and mailing campaign are planned to get as many
of CIL's members to this meeting as possible.
- A new set of check-signers for CIL needs to be drawn up as Mary Lester is resigning as a check-signer.
- Personnel Policy Committee Report (members: Michael Williams, Jan McEwen, Hale Zukas, Don Galloway, Don Berry, Mary Lester)
- By-law Committee Report (members: Herb Willsmore, John Baker, Chuck Cole)
- Executive Director's Report:
- a. received UMTA Grant—$350,000
- b. received County of Alameda Revenue Sharing funding of $96,000 plus $5,000 for Oakland services counselors.
- c. R&D received a 17% increase in funding for indirect costs.
- d. New Projects:
- Wheelchair I&E: A Wheelchair Design Seminar will be held on Wednesday, October 8, 1975 at 3pm in the CIL Meeting Room. All persons, including CIL clients and staff are urged to attend as we are looking for ideas that can be used in a prototype
for a new wheelchair. Think about what you like about your wheelchair and what improvements need to be made. Herb Willsmore
is available to answer questions about this seminar.
- Job Development Specialist
- State of the Art
- Facility—Expansion and developments
- e. General Report on other CIL programs.
If anybody has any other items for the agenda please contact Phil Draper at the Center.
― 2 ―
Chairperson Phil Draper would like to resign as Chairperson and as a member of the Board of Direcors. This means the Board
will have to elect a new Chairperson and a new member. Phil Draper strongly urges that the new Board member be a non-staff