- Basic Conditions of Eligibility
- (1) Presence of physical or mental disability.
- (2) Existence of substantial handicap to employment
- (3) Reasonable expectation that vocational rehabilitation services may render the individual fit to engage in a gainful occupation.
- (4) Inability to make a determination as to the third condition without an extended evaluation.
- Certification of Eligibility for Rehabilitation Services:
Prior to and as a basis for formulating the vocational rehabilitation plan, it shall be adequate to provide the basis for:
- (1) Appraising the current general health status of the individual.
- (2) Determine how and to what extent the disabling condition may be corrected or removed by physical restoration services.
- (3) Selecting an employment objective commensurate with the individual"s interests, capacities and limitations.
- Rehabilitation Plan Shall:
- (1) Be based on information gathered in the diagnostic process and extended evaluation, if provided.
- (2) Specify the vocational rehabilitation objective (or tentative objective), the services necessary to accomplish the client's
rehabilitation, and arrangements for providing the services.
- (3) Be formulated with the assistance of consultants when necessary and with the client's participation.
- Certification of Acceptability for Extended Evaluation
- Extended Evaluation Plan Shall:
- (1) Be based on data secured in the preliminary diagnostic study.
- (2) Indicate the nature of the vocational rehabilitation services necessary to determine the rehabilitation potential of the
individual and the arrangements for providing such necessary services.
- (3) Be formulated with the assistance of appropriate agency consultants when necessary and with the client's participation.
- General Medical Examination
A general medical examination, including medical history, physical exam, urinalysis and recommendations constitutes minimum
- Specialist exams as needed.
- Clinical lab tests as necessary.
- Intelligence level
- Vocational aptitudes and interests.
- Personal and social adjustment.
- Employment opportunities.