The Henry J. Kaiser Pictorial Collection contains more than 75,000 items, including photographic prints, albums, and glass
and film negatives. The collection dates from circa 1930 to circa 1976. The bulk of the collection, like the manuscript collection,
dates from after World War II, by which time the affiliated Kaiser companies were producing an amazing array of building materials,
including steel, cement, aluminum, and gypsum; beginning engineering projects all over the world; and, building affordable
housing and consumer goods, such as Kaiser-Frazer cars, Willys Jeeps, and even dishwashers.
Copyright has not been assigned to The Bancroft Library. All requests for permission to publish photographs must be submitted
in writing to the Curator of Pictorial Collections. Permission for publication is given on behalf of The Bancroft Library
as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must
also be obtained by the reader.
Collection stored, in part, off-site. Advance notice required for use.
Other portions of the collection may be unarranged and/or restricted from use. Inquiries concerning the remainder of the collection
should be directed, in writing, to the Head of Public Services, The Bancroft Library.
Restricted glass and film negatives. Use of negatives only by permission of the Curator of Pictorial Collections, The Bancroft