The Oakland School Women's Club papers consist of a history of the Club (1942) by a
former member, four volumes of Club minutes (1912-25), Club Bulletins (27 issues,
1914-23) and miscellaneous correspondence.
The Oakland School Women's Club was a social and service organization for female
classroom teachers (1912-1925). The club's activities included: operation of a day
nursery, sponsoring a building bond campaign and miscellaneous legislation, and,
attendance at California Teacher's Association and National Education Association
meetings. The club was discontinued (1925) when the larger Oakland Teacher's
Association--made up of both male and female teachers and administrators--took over its
Collection is open for research.