The Arbor Vitae Club Collection (1908-1980s) consists of club notebooks and photographs.
The Arbor Vitae Club began meeting together as an organization in 1921 and prior to that, as friends, from 1906. Most of the
group's members attended the old Wilson School together in Pasadena. They all attended the same Sunday school class at the
First Baptist Church. The group formed a social club and started holding monthly meetings in members' homes beginning in September
1921. Club membership was limited to twelve. The requirements of membership were you must have at least one child, wear a
housedress and bring 5 cents dues to each meeting. The group continued to meet into the 1980s.
Use of the materials is governed by all applicable copyright law. The Pasadena Museum of History reserves the right to restrict
any materials from reproduction at any time. Property rights reside with the Pasadena Museum of History. Literary rights
are retained by the creators of the records and their heirs. The Museum's physical ownership of the materials in its collection
does not imply ownership of copyright. It is the user's responibility to reslove any copyright issues related to the use
and distribution of reproduced materials. For permission to reproduce or to publish, please contact the Pasadena Museum of
Collection is open to the public for research. Use is restricted by rules intended to protect and preserve the materials
in good condition for the future. For additional information please contact the Pasadena Museum of History.