Record Series 52 contains reports, committee minutes, and correspondence pertaining to the operation of the College of Engineering
at UCLA. Predominant subjects include activities of faculty, curriculum design, departmental organization including a master
plan study, annual commencement program and dinner, and business of the Engineers Council for Professional Development.
The College of Engineering at UCLA traces its beginning to a two-year program of instruction instituted in 1919 when the Los
Angeles State Normal School was incorporated into the University of California. Students wanting to go beyond this two-year
program had to transfer to the Berkeley campus or to other universities until 1941 when the Regents authorized full instruction
in engineering on the Los Angeles campus.
4.4 linear ft.
Copyright of portions of this collection is held by The Regents of the University of California. The UCLA University Archives
can grant permission to publish for materials to which it holds the copyright. All requests for permission to publish or quote
must be submitted in writing to the UCLA University Archivist.
COLLECTION STORED OFF-SITE AT SRLF: Open for research. Advance notice required for access. Contact the UCLA Library Special
Collections Reference Desk for paging information.