Inventory of the Faculty Womens Club Minutes of General Meetings, 1932-1999
Processed by Caroline Pierce, December 1999; machine-readable finding aid created by Caroline Cubé.
UCLA Library, Department of Special Collections
21560 Young Research Library
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575
The Regents of the University of California. All rights reserved.
Title: Faculty Womens Club Minutes of General Meetings
Date (inclusive): 1932-1999
Record Series number: 361
Creator: University of California, Los Angeles.
University of California, Los Angeles. Library.
Department of Special Collections. University Archives.
Los Angeles, California 90095-1575
Physical location: Stored off-site at SRLF. Advance notice is required for access to the collection. Please contact the UCLA Library, Department
of Special Collections, University Archives Reference Desk for paging information.
Restrictions on Access
COLLECTION STORED OFF-SITE AT SRLF: Open for research. Advance notice required for access. Contact the UCLA Library, Department
of Special Collections University Archives Reference Desk for paging information.
Restrictions on Use and Reproduction
Property rights to the physical object belong to the UCLA Library,
Department of Special Collections, University Archives. Literary rights, including copyright,
are retained by the creators and their heirs. It is the responsibility of
the researcher to determine who holds the copyright and pursue the
copyright owner or his or her heir for permission to publish where The UC
Regents do not hold the copyright.
[Identification of item], Faculty Womens Club Minutes of General Meetings (Record Series number 361). Department of Special
Collections, University Archives, Charles E. Young Research Library, UCLA.
The Faculty Women's Club (FWC) originated as a political action group. In 1918 there were moves afoot to create a four-year
college in Southern California. Women of the faculty of the Los
Angeles Normal School came together and formed a Faculty Women's Club in order to help
gather support for the proposed four year college particularly among women's groups in the
State. In 1919 the Normal School became the Southern Branch of the University of California.
Once the political objective was achieved the FWC met to consider the club's future. The club
determined to continue and by the spring of 1920 the first constitution and purpose of the FWC of
the Southern Branch of the University of California had been drafted. The first purpose did not
include specific mention of scholarships and yet the treasurer's report for 1920-1921 includes the
entry: $30.00 for Student Loan Fund. This fund, the first such fund at UCLA, was the modest
beginning for the club's present scholarship program. The club has continued, without
interruption, and tried to fulfill the founders' hope that it would "create a broader view and deeper
interest in the civic, political and social life in our community."
UCLA Faculty Women's Club. 1999. Online. University of
California, Los Angeles. Internet. 7 December 1999. http://www.alumni.ucla.edu/ASG/Support/fwcinfo.html.
Box 1, Folder 1
Box 1, Folder 2
Florence A. Wilson
Box 1, Folder 4
Box 1, Folder 5
Mary Upham/Sarah Adsatt
Box 1, Folder 6
Maria Lopez de Lowther
Box 1, Folder 7
Eleanor H. Johnson
Box 1, Folder 8
Kate Gordon Moore
Box 1, Folder 9
Maude R. Murdoch
Box 1, Folder 10
Box 1, Folder 13
Box 1, Folder 14
Louise C. Anderson/Katherine McLaughlin
Box 1, Folder 16
Emma Skillman Stone
Box 1, Folder 17
Box 1, Folder 19
Gertrude D. Huberty
Box 1, Folder 20
Box 1, Folder 24
Viola L. Warren
Box 1, Folder 26
Joyce S. Nelson
Box 1, Folder 27
Box 1, Folder 32
Helen B. Boelter
Box 1, Folder 35
Box 1, Folder 40
Box 1, Folder 41
Box 1, Folder 42
Box 1, Folder 44
Barbara La Force
Box 1, Folder 45
Box 1, Folder 55
Box 1, Folder 56
Box 1, Folder 58
Box 1, Folder 59