Contains organizational papers, including constitution and bylaws, minutes, membership lists, correspondence, and reports,
as well as cases before the Board of Appeals concerning new constructions and conversions, newspaper clippings, and several
zoning reports and maps. Correspondence contains detailed accounts of block-by-block zoning procedures. Also includes materials
pertaining to the establishment of the Delancey Street Foundation in 1968, which founded a drug rehabilitation center in Cow
The Cow Hollow Improvement Club records document the activities of one of San Francisco's well known neighborhood associations.
Residents of the area founded the organization in 1946 in order to advance and promote their neighborhood, as well as improve
the welfare of the City of San Francisco. With both a sense of history and humor, the members choose the name Cow Hollow in
honor of the farms which once overlooked the hillside. Within a short time, the Club boasted a membership of over thirty-two
families within the district boarded by Lyon to the west; Pierce to the east; Filbert to the north; and, Pacific to the south.
(2.0 Linear feet)
Copyright has not been assigned to the North Baker Research Library. All requests to reproduce, publish, quote from or otherwise
use collection materials must be submitted in writing to the Director of the Library and Archives, North Baker Research Library,
California Historical Society, 678 Mission Street, San Francisco, CA 94105. Consent is given on behalf of the California Historical
Society as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission from the copyright owner. Such
permission must be obtained from the copyright owner.
Collection is open for research.