Jump to Content
1. Letters to Carey McWilliams, 1905-
4 holograph letters signed.
58 typescript letters signed.
1 typescript letter.
5 typescript letters signed by secretary.
2. Manuscripts and Scenarios
A. Bride of the Sun, 1929.
B. The Flock , 1932.
1 leaf of typescript on talent and genius prepared by Mrs. Austin.
Indian Arts and Crafts. Santa Fe, 1931.
Unpublished letter from Mary Austin to Paul Kellogg, editor of the Survey Graphic. Santa Fe, February 5, 1932. 1 item (1 leaf) Typescript (signed).
3. Material about Mary Austin
1. Typescript carbon copy of letter of Carey McWilliams to Mr. Wynn, the publisher, containing twenty eight answers to Mr. Wynn's questions concerning this collection of Mary Austin material.
2. Typescript copy of book review of Austin's The Ford.
3. Carbon copy of typescript manuscript of Mr. McWilliams's article on Mary Austin and her work written at the request of Harry Carr for publication in the Los Angeles Times.
4. Two miscellaneous letters & clippings.
4. Magazine and Newspaper Clippings
1. Thirty six clippings from The Nation, Saturday Review of Literature, Saturday Night, Brentano's Book Chat, etc. of Mary Austin's poetry, essays, book reviews and articles about her.
2. Ten newspaper clippings about the death and character of Mrs. Austin.
5. Letters to Various Persons
1. Letter to Miss Williams. Independence, California, October 27.
2. Photocopy of letter to Charles Augustus Keeler in Huntington Library. Los Angeles, California, n.d.
3. Letter to Henry James Forman. Carmel, California, September 17, 1918.
Scope and Content Note