Inventory of the Graduate School of Architecture and Urban Planning Development Office Correspondence Files, 1983-1987
Processed by UCLA University Archives staff; machine-readable finding aid created by Caroline Cubé.
UCLA Library, Department of Special Collections
21560 Young Research Library
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575
The Regents of the University of California. All rights reserved.
Title: UCLA Graduate School of Architecture and Urban Planning Development Office Correspondence Files
Date (inclusive): 1983-1987
Record Series number: 315
Creator: University of California, Los Angeles. Graduate School of Architecture and Urban Planning. Development Office.
Extent: 4 boxes (1.6 linear ft.)
University of California, Los Angeles. Library.
Department of Special Collections. University Archives.
Los Angeles, California 90095-1575
Physical location: Stored off-site at SRLF. Advance notice is required for access to the collection. Please contact the UCLA Library, Department
of Special Collections, University Archives Reference Desk for paging information.
Restrictions on Access
COLLECTION STORED OFF-SITE AT SRLF: Advance notice required for access.
Restrictions on Use and Reproduction
Property rights to the physical object belong to the UCLA Library,
Department of Special Collections, University Archives. Literary rights, including copyright,
are retained by the creators and their heirs. It is the responsibility of
the researcher to determine who holds the copyright and pursue the
copyright owner or his or her heir for permission to publish where The UC
Regents do not hold the copyright.
Provenance/Source of Acquisition
Graduate School of Architecture and Urban Planning, Dean's Office. Transfer, February,
September, October 1988.
[Identification of item], UCLA Graduate School of Architecture and Urban Planning Development Office Correspondence Files
(Record Series number 315). Department of Special Collections, University Archives, Charles E. Young Research Library, UCLA.
The School of Architecture and Urban Planning opened for instruction in 1966 in response
to the rapid urbanization of Southern California and the growing need in the region for
architects and planners. The two-year master's program emphasized design-oriented studio
work based strongly on the social and technological sciences. George A. Dudley was
appointed the first dean of the school in 1964, almost two years prior to the arrival of
the first students.
The Dean's Council of the Graduate School of Architecture and Urban Planning is a support
organization comprised of school alumni and professionals in the region. Activities
include sponsorship of a visiting lecturer series and fund-raising for the school.
Organization and Arrangement