Collection of Manuscripts from the Archaeological Archives of the Phoebe Hearst Museum of Anthropology
Collection of Manuscripts from the Archaeological Archives of the Phoebe Hearst Museum of AnthropologyPhoebe Hearst Museum of Anthropology
University of California, Berkeley
- Phoebe Apperson Hearst Museum of Anthropology
- University of California, Berkeley
- 103 Kroeber Hall
- Berkeley, California 94720-3712
- Phone: (510) 642-3681
- Fax: (510) 642-6271
- Email: email@example.com
- URL: http://hearstmuseum.berkeley.edu/index.html
- Paper Finding Aid by:
- M. Steven Shackley, Elizabeth Carson, Jenny Kahn, Avril Breckenridge Barron, and Jorge Sanchez, with special assistance from Gene Prince
- Processing and Digital Images by:
- Akiko Nogami, M. Steven Shackley, Rosemary Joyce and Kathleen Butler
- Date Completed:
- Paper Finding Aid: Revised September 1996
Digital Copy: February 1999
- Encoded by:
- Gabriela A. Montoya
1. Archaeological Survey of Northwestern Santa Barbara County (by Clarence Ruth).
2. Notes on the Archaeology of Santa Barbara County (By J.B. Willard, 1937).
3. Preliminary Appraisal of the Archaeological Resources of the Pine Flat Reservoir, Fresno County, California (by F. Fenenga, 1947).
4. Notes on Various Lake County Collections (by various authors).
5. Notes on the Sonoma County Collections (by various authors).
6. Notes on Various Collections from San Luis Obispo County (by A.Pilling, no date given).
7. Notes on the Private Collections of Artifacts from Southern Humboldt County, Including Hum-112, Gunther Is, Big Lagoon, and Sites on the Eel, Smith and Mad Rivers (by various authors).
8. Excavation of Sol-1 (by F.A. and H.S. Riddell Jr., 1948).
*9. Field Catalogue for an Archaeological Survey of Lassen County (by F.A. Riddell, 1949).
10. An Archaeological Survey of Lassen County (by F.A. Riddell, 1949).
11. Notes on the Excavation of Riverside County Sites (by W.D. Strong, no date given).
12. Preliminary Appraisal of the Archaeological Resources of the Success Reservoir, Fresno County, California (by F. Fenenga, 1947).
13. Notes on the Excavation of the Richards Site, Sac-160 (by Newman, 1947).
14. The Archaeology of the Hotchkiss Site, Cco-138 (by C. Chard, E.N. Johnson, and R.F. Heizer, no dates given).
15. Petroglyphs at Mod-1 (by various photographers and artists).
16. Archaeological Notes on Sol-2 (by R.F. Heizer, 1947-48).
17. Shell Deposits of the Monterey Peninsula (by Edna M. Fisher, 1935).
18. Archaeological Notes on the Howell's Point Site, Col-2 and Sha-47 (by Wedel, 1935).
19. Central San Joaquin Valley Archaeological Survey (by Gordon W. Hewes and W.C. Massey, 1939-1942). [Parts A,B,C].
20. Original Copy of the first Emeryville Paper, Ala-309 (by Max Uhle, 1902).
21. The Archaeology of SFr-1 and the Farallon Islands (by Fenenga and Riddell, 1949).
*22. Field Catalogue for U.C. Archaeological Expedition of 1937; N.E. Nevada Archaeological Reconnaissance, Windmiller Mound-Sacramento Valley (various authors, 1937).
*23. Notes on the Phoenix buttons (by R.F. Heizer, 1951).
24. Preliminary Survey of the Archaeological Resources in the Isabella Reservoir, Kern County, California (by Franklin Fenenga, 1947).
25. Notes on the Indian Shell Mounds, Point Reyes Quadrangle (by Lt. Comdr. Stewart Bryant, 1934).
26. Notes on the Various Collections from Monterey County (by Arnold R. Pilling and R.K. Beardsley, 1946-1952).
27. Additional Notes on the Petroglyphs of California (by Clarence E. Smith, 1948).
28. Preliminary Archaeology Survey of Panamint Valley, Inyo County, California (by Robert T. Farrell, 1951).
29. Burial Data on Cco-139 (Simone).
30. The Archaeology of Tommy Tucker Cave, Las-1. (by Fenenga and F.A. Riddell, 1942 and 1948).
31. Preliminary Appraisal of the Archaeological Resources of the Coyote Valley Reservoir, Mendocino County, California (by Franklin Fenenga, 1947).
*32. Correspondence Concerning Drake's Bay Sites, 1941-1951.
33. Excavations in the West Berkeley Shellmound, Ala-307 (by Joseph Petersen, 1904).
34. Archaeological Notes on Sac-28 (by Francis A. Riddell and Harry S. Riddell, Jr., 1940).
35. Burial Data on Col-2, Howell's Point (by various authors, 1935).
36. Excavations at Sac-6 (by various authors, 1920s-1952).
37. Archaeological Surveys in Round Valley, Mendocino County, California (by W. D. Weymouth, et. al).
38. The Indians of Pelican Island, Ker-59, Ker-66, Ker-67 (by Estep, 1933).
39. Archaeology of the San Bruno Shell Mound, SMa-23 (by Robert J. Drake, 1942).
40. Notes on Archaeological Specimens from Sacramento County in the Collection of Shultz Martine of Sacramento (by J.A. Bennyhoff and F.A. Riddell, 1948).
41. Various Undergraduate Term Papers Relating to California Archaeology (by various authors, 1947).
42. Excavation at Sac-127, Done in 1933 (by Heizer, 1941).
43. Burial data from Ala-328, Newark (various authors).
44. The excavation at Sta-6 (by Al Mohr, 1948).
45. Photographs and Drawings of the Petroglyphs at Painted Rock, SL-79 (by various photographers and authors).
46. Manuscript Copy of Typologies Employed in Lillard (Heizer and Fenenga, 1939).
47. Archaeological Notes on the Castro Mound, SCL-1 (various authors).
48. Miscellaneous Notes and Distributions on SF and Drake's Bay Sites (by R.K. Beardsley, ca. 1946).
*49. Excavations at CCo-139 (by Gordon W. Hewes, 1939).
50. Archaeology Notes on the Maltby Site, CCo-250 (Heizer, no date given).
51. Details on the Petroglyphs at Mnt-86 (by W.C. Massey, 1938).
52. Notes on a Collection in the Table Mountain Region (by Al Miller).
53. Field Catalogue for Excavation of Hum-118 (summer field class, 1948).
54. Various Sites in Southeastern Marin County. Especially Mrn-11 (by Don F. McGeein, 1949).
55. Burial Data from Sha-20 (Whitewater, no date given).
56. Notes on the D.M Witt Collections (by Pilling, 1948.)
57. Archaeological Notes on Col-3 (by Heizer and F. Fenenga, 1938).
58. Manuscript on the Petroglyphs of Modoc and Lassen Counties (by W. W. Ahl).
*59. Petroglyphs at the Naval Ordinance Station, Inyokern, Inyo County (by Virginia E. Hitchcock, 1946).
60. Excavation on the Herzog Site, Sac-72 (by Heizer, Mckee, and Ristow 1934, compiled by Fenenga, 1942).
61. A Supplement to Petroglyphs and Pictographs of California and Adjoining States (by C.E. Smith, 1946).
*62. Final Report on the Archaeology of Tommy Tucker Cave (by Riddell and Fenenga, 1951).
63. Notes on the Stanford Skull (by various authors).
64. Notes on the Drescher Site, Sac-109 (by Heizer, 1937).
65. The Archaeology of Sac-104 (by various students and faculty, 1946).
*66. Notes on the Excavation of SJo-68. Incorporated into Ms. #190 (by various authors).
67. Excavations at Ala-328 and Ala-329 (by Wedel, 1935, and C.E. Smith, 1948).
68. Field Notes on the Archaeology of Windmiller Site, Sac-107 (by Heizer and Fenenga, no date given).
69. Notes on the Excavation at SJo-14 (by Heizer, 1937).
70. Field Catalogue for Various UCAS Collections from Coachella Valley, Kern County, etc.(1949).
71. Original Field Catalogue for Hum-169 (by Mills, 1949).
72. Report on Field Trip, July-August, 1950 (by Robert E. Greengo, 1950).
73. Pomo Ethnography: Notes and Photographs. (Manuscript by Henry Maudlin, photographs by various people).
74. Tulare Indians at Monterey (by Pilling, no date given).
75. Carmel Mission Indians (by Pilling, no date given).
*76. Antoniano Salinan (by Pilling, no date given).
77. Western Mono (by F.A. Riddell and C.W. Meighan, no date given).
78. Windmiller (Sac-107) Manuscript. Incomplete and Unfinished (by Heizer).
79. Report on the 1949 Excavation of the Sixteenth Century Shellmounds at Sir Drake's Bay (by C. Meighan, 1950).
80. Original Notes from an Archaeological Survey of the Napa Region (by field class from Spring, 1947).
81. Deniz Site, Mer-53, a Report Concerning an Archaeological Site near Dos Palos, California (by D. McGeein, 1950).
82. Notes on the Archaeology of San Benito County (by Pilling and others).
83. Certain Sites in the Sierra Madre, Northeastern Santa Barbara County (by D. Lathrap and others, 1950).
84. Archaeological report on Ker-74 (by F.A. Riddell, 1950).
*85. Metallographic Examination of Two Heavy Rods and of Two Small Spikes (by Colin G. Fink and E.P. Polushkin, 1948).
86. Unmodified Animal Bone, Sections K-O, Son-299 (by J.A. Freed, 1950).
87. Analysis of Unmodified Animal Bone, Son-299 (by J.A. Freed).
*88. Archaeological Filed Specimen Inventory Record of Unmodified Animal Bone from Son-299 (UCAS collection, 1949).
89. County Notes - Mother Lode Building Survey (by Heizer and Fenenga, 1948).
90. Notes on the Gunther Island Site, Hum-67. Part I: H.H. Stuart; Part II: Heizer and Elsasser.
*91. Notes on the Excavation of Hum-169 (by L. Mills, 1949). Included in Manuscript 400.
92. Data on Screened Stratipits from Sacramento Valley Sites (by Field class, Summer, 1949).
93. Burton Mound, SBa-28, Clippings (by various authors, 1923).
94. Notes on the Miller Mound, Col-1 (by R.F. Heizer, 1936).
95. Original Data Sheets of Schenck-Dawson Survey of the Northern San Joaquin Valley (by Elmer J. Dawson, 1929).
96. Original Field Notes - Dawson Collection (by E.J. Dawson, not dated).
97. Field notes, Patrick's Point, Hum-118. (By R.F. Heizer, 1949).
98. Field Notes. Same as above.
99. Field Notes, Petersen Sites nos. 2, 2a, 3 [Sol-2, Sol-3] (by R.F. Heizer).
100. Site Maps and Artifact Charts for Various Marin County Sites, including the McClure Site, Mrn-266 (by R.K. Beardsley, 1946).
102. Some Age and Space Relations of the "Concord Man" (by Harold A. Boyd, Jr. and Lester Cole, 1947).
103. Original Report on CCo-137 Soils. (by R. Earl Storie and Frank Harradine, 1947).
104. Anthropometric Analysis of Two Skeletons from CCo-13 (by C.L. Abbott, 194).
105. Analysis of Artifacts from Petersen Mound #2, Sol-2. (by various authors, 1948).
106. Archaeological Survey of Northern Monterey County (by A. Pilling, 1948).
107. Descriptive and Comparative Notes on Central California Labrets, Earplugs (R.F. Heizer, 1950).
108. Archaeological Survey of the Lower Bear River Reservoir Site (by Wallace and Lathrap, 1950).
109. Notes on Ker-185 (by C.H. Merriam, R.F. Heizer and others, various dates).
110. Field Notes on Ker-185 (by C.H. Merriam, R.F. Heizer, and others, 1941).
111. Field Notes on Howell's Point Mound, Col-2 (by W.R. Wedel, 1935).
112. Notes on Various Marin County Sites (by R.K. Beardsley and others, 1941).
113. Field Notes on the Tranquillity Site, Fre-48 (by Gordon W. Hewes, various authors and various dates).
* 114. Tracings of the Pictographs of SBa-508 (by Brooks and Lathrap).
**115. An Archaeological Survey of the Big Creek Reservoir No. 4 (by Wallace and Lathrap, November, 1950).
116. Preliminary Report on the Excavation of the McClure Site, Mrn-266 (by R.K. Beardsley, 1942).
117. Photographs of Sites Ama-3, Ama-4, Ama-5, Ama-6 (UCAS, 1950).
118. The Archaeology of the Brazil Site, Sac-43 (by F. Fenenga, no date given).
119. Field Excavation Records, Site CCo-151 (Field Class, 1950 and 1951).
120. Burial Data from Mrn-242, Cauley Site (various authors).
121. Burial Data from Sac-151 (various authors).
122. Burial Data from Sac-66, Morse Site (various authors).
123. Burial Data from Sac-29, King Brown (various authors).
124. Burial Data from Mrn-275, Mendoza (various authors).
125. Field Notes from Mnt-107, Plus Other Notes Including CCo-151 (by Sylvia Broadbent, from Summer, 1951).
126. Site Maps and Artifact tabulations from Son-256 and Son-369 (by C. Meighan, 1951).
127. General catalogue of Specimens from the Sanchez Adobe Site, SMa-70 (by R.J. Drake, 1950).
128. Supplemental Report on Wintun Indian Site at Blue Tent Creek near Red Bluff, Tehama County, Teh-58 (by J.C. von Werlhof, 1951.)
129. Photographs of Specimens in C. C. Post Collection from Borax Lake (by R.F. Heizer and C.W. Meighan, 1951).
130. First Draft of Archaeological Investigations in the Farmington Reservior Area, Stanislaus County, California. Plus Original Field Catalogue, Feature Records, and Notes (by A.E. Treganza, 1951).
131. First Draft of The Coville Rockshelter, Inyo County, California Plus Original Field Catalog, Feature Records, and Notes, Including Notes and Photos From the Original Field Survey of February, 1951 (by C. W. Meighan, 1951).
132. Painted and Incised Stone Slabs in the Becker Collection (by Meighan, 1952).
133. Notes on the Archaeological Sites on the West Side of the San Joaquin Valley (by F.F. Latta and W.R. Dimble, no date given).
134. Manuscript Withdrawn.
135. The Archaeology of a Paiute Village Site in Owens Valley (by H.S. Riddell).
136. The British Museum Collection from Avila, California (by A. Pilling, 1952).
137. Asphaltum-decorated Stone Slabs in the State Indian Museum, Sacramento (by C.W. Meighan, 1952).
138. Manuscript of the Uhle's Emeryville Paper. Published in UCPAAE 7:1.
139. Manuscript Returned to the Author in 1970.
140. Temecula Rancho (by A.R. Pilling, 1952).
141. Original Manuscript of UCPAAE, Vol. 7;2, Recent Investigations Bearing on the Occurrence of Neocene Man in the Auriferous Gravels of the Sierra Nevada (by William J. Sinclair, 1908).
**142. Interglacial Artifacts from the San Diego Area (by George F. Carter). Later Published in Southwestern Journal of Anthropology, 1952.
143. Ellis Landing Mound, CCo-295, a Tabulation of Burials and Artifacts by Depth (by N.C. Nelson and A. Wepfer, 1906).
144. Correlation of Archaeological Data from the San Francisco Bay Region-Principal Investigations, 1904-1935 (by Alex D. Krieger, 1935).
**145. Field Records of Excavation of CA-Nev-32 (Field Class, Summer, 1951). Published in UC-AR, 1953.
**146. Sacred Rain-Rocks of Northern California (by R.F. Heizer, 1953). Published in UCAS Report 21.
147. The Archaeological Resources of Seven Reservoir Areas in Central and Northern California (by A.E. Treganza, 1952).
148. Catalog of Part of the Collection of O.P. Noren, of Reedley, California (by W.C. Massey and G.W. Hewes, 1939).
149. Survey of Courses Primarily Concerning Archaeology, Taught in American Universities. 1952.
150. Notes on Sling Distributions, Plus Correspondence Between R.F. Heizer and Irmgard Johnson. 1951.
151. Wilson Valley Reservoir (Yolo County) and Monticello Reservoir (Napa County) Site Surveys (C.E. Smith, no date given).
152. Notes and Correspondence Concerning Grooved Stone Axes in California (R.F. Heizer, 1952).
153. Field Catalogue for Cal-99 (by W. Gonzalves, 1952). (Includes UCAS Map 120.)
154. Cogstones (by various authors with various dates).
155. Alms House Mound, Santa Clara County (by Gordon R. Thomas).
156. Notes, Drawings and First Draft of Sierra Survey Report (by Heizer and Elsasser, 1950).
*157. Additional Petroglyph Information (by various authors, no date).
158. Preliminary Report on the Excavations at Coyote Hill, Ala-329 (by H.G. Barnett, 1935).
159. Burial Feature Records, Map, and Notes from Mnt-250 (by Meighan, 1952).+
160. The Rumsen of Monterey (by Sylvia Broadbent, 1952). Published in the UCARF Contribution No. 14, 1972.
161. Notes and Photographs Pertaining to the Fort Jones Museum, Fort Jones, California (by R.F. Heizer, 1952).
162. Fort Ross - A Study in Historical Archaeology (by Adan E. Treganza, 1953).
163. Archaeological Investigations at Sites Sta-44 and Sta-45 (by J. Davis, 1953).
164. An Examination of Carter's La Jolla Papers, 1950, 1952 (by R.H. Brooks).
165. Field Notes on Men-500 (by C. Meighan, 1951).
**166. Rattlesnake Dance, etc. (by F. F. Latta) and Kern County Historical Source Material (by R.C. Bailey). 1948.
167. Age of the Farmington Complex of Stone Artifacts (by Ernst Antevs, 1953).
168. Salvage Archaeology in Nimbus and Reservoir Areas, Central California (by A.E. Treganza, 1953).
169. Survey Reports on the Coachella Valley (by C. Meighan, 1948).
170. Archaeological Survey of Arroyo Sequit, Los Angeles County, California (by C.W. Meighan, 1954).
*171. Brief Report on Hidden Cave, Nevada Site 26-Ch-16 (by Grosscup and Roust, 1956).
172. Sonoma Mission Notes, Photographs, and Diagrams (by J. Bennyhoff and A.B. Elsasser, 1953).
**173. Historical Writings of Various Authors, ca. 1870, (H.D. Richardson, Platon Vallejo, and others). Photostats submitted by R.M. Rulofson.
*174. Notes and Burial Records for SJo-106 and SJo-107 (by P. Rabb and J. Bennyhoff, 1954).
175. Correspondence and Catalogs on Type Collection Sent to the Denver Museum of Natural History (by various authors, 1954).
176. Appendix to the Napa Region Report, to Accompany UCAS Report 12:6, but not Published with the Report (by R.F. Heizer, 1953).
177. An Account and Map of a Prehistoric Trail in Tulare and King Counties (by J.C. McCubbin, 1953).
178. Field catalog and Excavation records from the Jalama Creek Dig, SBa-205 (by D.W. Lathrap, 1950).
179. Burial and Feature Records from Ala-307, West Berkeley Mound (by W. Wallace and D.W. Lathrap, 1950).
180. Field Notes and Records from Nev-15 (by Field Class, Summer, 1954).
*181. Notes on the Archaeology of Mono County, California (by Meighan, no date).
182. Some Historic Facts about the Ancient Indian Shell Mounds of San Mateo (by J. Hamilton, 1936).
183. Preliminary Report on the Archaeological Investigations in Lower Klamath Basin, California, Done in 1954 (by R.J. Squier and G.L. Grosscup, 1954).
*184. Tabulation of Baked Clay Objects from Sac-6 and Contura Copies of Locality Occurrence (by D.W. Lathrap, 1954).
185. Field Notes from Sha-52, Fall River Mills, Callison Ranch (by Bennyhoff, 1958).
186. Burial Drawings from the Army Training Film on the Recovery of the War Dead (Anthropology Training Film, US Army, 96592-1X-56592, 1952).
187. Eighteenth Century Ethnographic Engravings: Indians of Monterey and a Scene from the Presidio.
188. The Archaeological Survey of Yosemite National Park (by Grosscup, 1954).
189. Sonoma Mission: an Archaeological Reconstruction of the Mission San Francisco de Solano Quadrangle.
190. Identification of Mammal Bone from SJo-68 (by M.L. Perry, 1954).
191. Tile and Dating at Carmel Mission, Mnt-18 (by S.M. Broadbent, 1954).
192. Field Records from SBa-477 (Cachuma Reservior). M.A. Baumhoff, 1951.
193. Field Records and Catalogs from Teh-1, Kingsley Cave (by M. Baumhoff, 1952).
194. Examination of Indian Shell Mounds within San Francisco Bay with Reference to the Possible 1579 Land Fall of Sir Francis Drake (by A.E. Treganza, 1955).
**195. First Draft of California Settlement Patterns (by Heizer and Baumhoff, 1955).
*196. Appraisal of the Archaeological Resources of Cachuma Reservoir, SBa-477 and SBa-485 (by A.D. Mohr, 1951).
197. Notes and Photographs on Various Orange County Sites (by J. Winterbourne, 1938).
198. Catalogue of the J. McCord Stilson Collection (by T.T. Waterman, 1914).
199. Pocket Map of the Sonoma County with Sites from Nelson's Survey as Indicated by Nelson (undated).
200. California Archaeology, 1936: Notes on the Excavation of Orwood #2 (Cco-141).
201. Survey Records and Map of Sacramento JC Site Surveys, 1930-1936.
202. Appraisal of the Archaeological Resources of Black Butte Reservoir, Glenn and Tehama Counties (by A.D. Mohr and D.D. Fredrickson).
203. Projectile Point Collection in Possession of Mrs. Barbour, Curator of Sonoma Mission from a Ranch in the Sebastopol Area (by C.N. Gregoire).
204. Notes on Testing of CCo-18, Marsh Site (by C. Miles and D.B. Rogers, 1946-1947).
205. Petaluma Argus-Courier Centennial Edition 1855-1955. This Edition deals with a lot of the History of Marin and Sonoma Counties, including Information on Indians and Indian Sites.
206. Field Notes from Topanga Canyon Tank Site, LAn-1 (by Treganza, 1947).
207. Notes on the Humbolt Cave, Nevada (by R.F. Heizer).
208. Shell Analysis of Bodega Bay, Son-299 (by R.E. Greengo, 1950).
209. The Lake Mojave Site (by C.W. Meighan, 1954).
210. Preliminary Report on Excavation in Kern County (by M. Kowta, 1954).
211. A. Manuscript of An Appraisal of the Archaeological Resources of Yosemite National Park (by Bennyhoff, published as UCAS Report No. 34, 1954). B. Raw Data Used in the Above Yosemite Report, Including Breakdown of Sites Included, Size and Elevation of Specific Sites, etc; List of Classified Yosemite Points with Measurements and Outline Tracings of Specimens from Mrp-105 and Mrp-97; List of Yosemite Museum Point Specimens.
212. Program and Abstracts of Papers Read at the Annual Great Basin Archaeological Conference at Los Angeles. Also Papers Read by the Berkeley Contingent (August 30 through September 3, 1955).
213. Glazed Ceramic Relationships in California (by Pilling, 1955).
214. Archaeology of the Hollister Site, Sac-21 (by F. Fenenga, 1939).
215. Excavations at the Mosher Site, Sac-56 (by F. Fenenga, 1939).
216. Original Field Notes on Sac-83 and Sac-86 (by F. Fenenga, 1939).
217. Excavation Notes of Karlo Site, Las-7. (F. Riddell, 1955).
*218. Burial Records and Field Notes on SJo-105 (by various authors, 1953-1954).
219. Burial Records and Field Notes on SJo-106 (by Bennyhoff and Raab, 1954).
220. Report of Excavation at Sha-46 (by D. Boyd, 1955).
221. Notes Pertaining to Private Collections from Hobo Hot Springs, Nevada, Do-12 (by A.B. Elsasser, 1956).
222. Photographs of the Calaveras Skull from G. Davidson, 1907.
223. Copy of The Little Sycamore Shellmound, Ven-57 (by W. Wallace, 1954).
224. Two Gilak Dance Songs, One Woman's Song. Mast Record by Bill Graves, Pomo (recorded by F.A. Riddell, 1950).
225. Notes and One Copy of Final Report Submitted the National Park Service on the Archaeology of the Sites Nap-74 and Nap-93 (by A.E. Treganza and A.B. Elsasser, 1950).
226. Original Manuscript for Archaeological Excavations on the Farallone Islands, (SFr-1, SFr-24) California (by F.A. Ridell). Published as UCAS-R 31.
227. Notes on Various Collections from Sites in Sonoma County (by R. Holloday).
228. Notes on the George Poore Collection, Mountain Ranch, Calaveras County, and a List of Specimens from Calaveras County and Marin County. Drawings by Norman Roust. 1956.
229. Notes on the Marin C. Markwood Collection from West Point, Calaveras County. Drawings by M.J. Harner. 1956.
230. Plates and Various Notes on the Petroglyphs of California and the Great Basin (by Julian Steward). Published in UCPAAE 24:2, 1929.
231. Description of Early Horizon Type Collection from Sites Sac-107, Sac-168, SJo-56, and SJo-68, Donated to Sacramento State College 6/56 (by J.A. Bennyhoff, 1956).
232. Report on the Test Excavation of the Rose Spring Site, Inyo County (by F.A. Ridell, 1956).
**233. The Big Meadow Indians of Plumas County (by Chester Rich, 1956).
234. Some Random Notes and Thoughts on Incised Pebbles (by C.E. Smith, 1956).
235. Survey Report and Supplementary Report on the Tachi Indians (by J. Werlhof and J. Vierhus). Survey Report 119pgs, Supplementary Report.
236. Excavation of the McCoy site ( ala-8) Near Livermore, Ca. McGeein, D.F. and D.J.
**237. Translation of H. Balfet's La Vannerie, Essai de Classification (by M.A. Baumhoff, 1957). Published as UCAS No.47.
**238. A Bibliography of Nevada Archaeology (by G.L. Grosscup, 1957). Published as UCAS No. 36.
239. Field Notes, Burial Records, Animal Bone from Nap-1, Nap-14, Nap-39 (by Field class, Spring, 1947, R.F. Heizer, instructor). Also, Nap-16 Field Notes, Burial Records and Animal Bone Slips, with Site Map (by Field class, Spring, 1956). Also, Notes on Nap-16 by Treganza.
240. Sac-60 Burial Chart, Incomplete but the Only Data Available on Individual Burials from the Hick's Site (by F. Fenenga, 1938).
241. Notes on Artifacts in the Mix Collection, Elk Grove, (by F. and H. Riddell, 1939, 1941). Also, Burial Records from Sac-113 (1941).
242. Petroglyphs from Site Pla-26 (by Jack Smith, 1957).
243. Ms. and Excavation Notes on Payne Cave, Teh-193 (by Baumhoff, 1957).
244. Notes on Modern Petroglyphs of Central California and Western Nevada (by A.B. Elsasser, 1957).
245. Appendix I (for Report by Sacramento State College on Excavations at Berryessa Valley: A) Salvage Excavation on Nap-89 by UCAS (by A.B. Elsasser); B) Summary of Artifacts Recovered (by J.E. Smith); C) Analysis of Shell Ornaments (by J.A. Bennyhoff).
*246. Hunting Blinds at Antelope Springs, Nye County, Nevada (Ny-23) (by Bernard L. Fontana, 1957).
247. Rocky Hill, Tulare County, California (by J.C. von Werlhof, 1958).
248. Salvage Archaeology in the Trinity Reservoir Area, Northern California (by A.E. Treganza, 1958).
*249. Papers Published in UCAS-R-42 (4/1958).
250. Lagomarsino Petroglyphs site, Storey County, Nevada (by M.A. Baumhoff, R.F. Heizer and A.B. Elsasser, 1958).
251. Archaeological Excavations in the Coyote Valley Reservoir Area, Mendocino County (by Treganza, 1957).
252. Petroglyphs, Fresno and Tulare Counties (by J. Werlhof, 1958).
253. Sac-168: Excavation Notes for 7-10/1952 with Partial Description of Artifacts (by Baumhoff). First Class Part by Beardsley; UCAS part by Bennyhoff.
254. Notes from the 1957 Great Basin Symposium (by J.A. Bennyhoff).
255. Data on Site Sis-262, Collected in 1955 (by Bennyhoff and Elasasser).
256. Point Types and Weights from the Sacramento Valley (by F. Fenenga).
257. Field Notes from Yol-13 (by Field Class, Summer 1958).
258. Photographs of Artifacts for M.G. Hindes Manuscript, 1959.
259. Archaeological Salvage Excavation of Sut-21 and Sut-22 on the Feather River Levee Near Nicolaus (by D.P. Jewell and J.S. Clemmer, 1958).
260. Archaeological Investigations at the William B. Ide Adobe, Red Bluff (by A.E. Treganza, 1958.
261. The Archaeology of Three Central Sierran Sites (Nev-11, Nev-67, Alp-22) (by Davis, 1958).
262. M.A. Thesis Raw Data on Great Basin Anthropometry (by K. Kennedy, 1958).
263. Salvage Archaeology in the Trinity Reservoir Area, Northern California Done During the 1958 Field Season (by A.E. Treganza, 1958).
264. Report on a Rock Shelter in the San Rafael Mountains. Also, a Report on Excavations at Ker-60 and SBa-1 (by J.L. Nichols and E.R. Prince, 1958).
265. An Unusual Charmstone from Central California (by J.T. Davis, 1959).
266. Notes on Oudijiu Site, Fresno County (by J. Bennyhoff, 1956-1957).
267. Data on Soil Samples from Indian Village Sites (by A. Treganza, 1946).
*268. Diary of Explorations of the Lower Sacramento and San Joaquin Rivers, 1817. From the Cowan Collection. Typescript by O. Romomano, 1956.
269. Notes on Indian Mounds of Napa County (by Davis, 1959).
270. Indian Mound Soil Sample Data (by S.F. Cook, 1949-1950).
**271. "My Indian Friends in Southern Lassen County" (by Lucie Dean Patton, 1952).
272. Archaeology of the Napa Region, Part I (by Heizer, et al., 1950-1952).
273. Petroglyphs on Tule Lake, Modoc County (by E.J. Dawson, 1929).
274. Blade Cache, Tuo-134 (by J. Bennyhoff, 1956).
275. Archaeological Survey of Three High Sierran Meadow Localities in California (by A.B. Elsasser, 1959).
*276. Field Notes Referring to Petroglyph Recording and Archaeological Survey and Small Excavations in Kern and Tulare Counties, Beginning ca. 1959.
277. Archaeological Survey of Sequoia-Kings Canyon National Parks (by A.B. Elsasser, 1959).
278. The Examination of Indian Shellmounds within San Francisco Bay, with Reference to the Possible 1579 Land Fall of Sir Francis Drake: Second Field Season (by A.E. Treganza).
279. Archaeological Investigation of the Vallejo Adobe, Petaluma Adobe State Historical Monument (by A. Treganza).
280. Archaeological Reconnaissance on Santa Barbara Island (by B.K. Swartz and C.J. Sutton, III, 1958).
281. Indian - White Conflict at Monterey (by S.M. Broadbent, 1953).
282. Miscellaneous Burial Records by Fenenga, Hewes, et al., Dating from Early 1940's and 1930's. Includes notebook of A.G. Colley.
283. The Examination of Indian Shell Mounds in the Tomales and Drake's Bay Areas with Reference to 16th-Century Historic Contacts (by Treganza, 1959).
284. Photographs of Fresno County Sierran Sites (by M. Hindes, 1959).
285. Burials Records from CCo-259 (Fernandez Site). 1959.
286. A Comparative Analysis of Prehistoric Skeletal Remains from the Lower Sacramento Valley (by R. Newman, 1957).
287. The Vancouver Collection in the British Museum. Notes and Photographs (by E. R. Prince, 1960). [Original manuscript and negatives are missing. Manuscript partially replaced from author's research files.]
*288. Excavations at Ama-3 (by Treganza and Heizer, 1950).
289. The Archaeology of a Summer Camp Site (Alp-29) in Hope Valley (by A. Elsasser, 1960).
290. The Archaeology of Fre-259, Kings Canyon National Park (by J. Davis, 1960).
291. Data on Sierran Site Localities and Martis Type Points from Nev-15 (by Elsasser, 1959-1960).
292. Notes on Various Tulare and Kern County Sites (by J. Werlhoff, 1960).
293. The Cedric Thornton collection from Potter Valley, Mendocino County (by C. Thornton, 1960).
294. Archaeological Investigations at Hospital Rock, Tulare County (by J. von Werlhoff, 1960).
*295. The Archaeology of Nap-131. 1960.
296. Field Notes on the Archaeology of Ala-330. 1960.
297. The Archaeology of Amadee Cave (Las-90) (by Riddell and Shutler).
**298. North American Indians. 29 pp. of Photostats from Vols. 14 and 15 by E.S. Curtis. 1924.
299. Aboriginal Trails of the Kaweah Basin (Tulare County) (by J. von Werlhoff, 1961).
300. Painted Pebbles from a Shellmound on Brooks Island, Contra Costa County (by V. M. Fredrickson, 1961).
301. The World of the California Indians. San Francisco Chronicle, 2/26/1961.
302. Maps of Yosemite and King's Canyon Archaeological Sites. 1961.
**303. Photostats of Original Accounts of the Lone Woman of San Nicolas Island. Published in UCAS Report No. 55.
304. An Appraisal of the B.W. Hathaway Collection (various authors and dates).
305. Field Catalog from the Nevada Expedition of 1958. Also, Artifacts from the Smith Collection, Reno (by R. Heizer, M. Baumhoff, and A. Elsasser).
306. Photographs of Sol-11 (by Helen C. Newhall).
307. Notes on Items in the British Museum Catalogues: Freer Collection from San Luis Obispo and Santa Barbara (by A. Pilling, 1951).
**308. ANWA: Correspondence and Abstracts, 1959-1961.
309. Chemehuevi Notes (by R.F. von Valkenburgh and M. Farmer, 1934).
*310. Organization of U.C. Archaeological Survey.
311. Archaeological Investigations at Tul-145(Cobble Lodge) (by J. von Werlhof, 1961).
*312. Mousetank [NV-Cl-145] and Picnic [NV-Cl-146] Sites; Atlatl Rock [NV-Cl-1] (by J.C. von Werlhof, 1958).
*313. Method for Setting up Arrangement of Kodachrome Slides.
314. The Cultural Position of the Iron Gate Site, Siskiyou County (by L.S. Cressman and F.C. Leonhardy, 1961).
315. Controversy with California Pothunters: Memos and Letters Regarding Looting of Graves (by C. Miles and H.H. Stuart, 1949-1954).
316. Negatives and Prints of Sites and Artifacts from Huntington Lake Region (by M.G. Hindes, no date given).
317. Pictures of Chipped Stone Axe Found on Martin Glassof Site (by H. Newhall, 1960).
318. Correspondence with Laurence V. Deghan Regarding Indians of Yosemite National Park. 1957.
**319. Petroglyph Manuscript from the Southwest Museum on Microfilm. (Microfilm copy Ms. 415.)
320. Material Pertaining to the Antiquities Law.
321. Notes on the Bowers Collection and the Archaeology of Bowers Cave (Heizer and Elsasser, no date given).
**322. The Le Brea Skull (ca. 1910-1912) (by Alfred L. Kroeber). Published in American Antiquity 27: 3: 416-417, 1962.
323. Archaeological Reconnaissance in the Pit River Area between Big Bend and Fender's Flat, Shasta County (by M.H. Heicken, 1962). Also, Iron Canyon and McCLoud Areas (by J. von Werlhof, 1962).
324. Archaeological Investigations within Construction Site Areas of Unit #1, PG&E Atomic Park, Sonoma County (by D. Fredrickson, 1962).
325. Information on Sites in San Luis Obispo Areas Supplied by H.L. and L.D. Wadmans. (forwarded by F.A. Riddell, 1962).
*326. Materials Used by Mrs. Kroeber in Ishi.
327. Field Map and Records of Cosumnes River Survey, San Joaquin County (by Z. Pohorecky, 1962).
*328. ARIZPE - Chronicle Articles on De Anza Grave, Dated 2/1963.
329. Indian Village Site on Walker Creek, Tomales Bay, Mrn-368 (by H.C. Ryker, 1963).
330. Archaeological Survey of the Lower Cache Creek Area in Yolo County (by D.E. Gallup, 1963).
*331. Miscellaneous Data on Sjo-68.
332. Excavation of Point Richmond Mound, CCo-283 (by H.E. Driver, 1938-1939).
333. Directions for Recording Site Data and for Taking Soil Samples at Sites (by S.F. Cook).
334. Willow Creek Data, Mnt-281 and Mnt-282 (Mnt-285 and Mnt-286, also mentioned.) Z. Pohorecky, 1964.
*335. Maps, Negatives and Prints, Kodachromes, etc., from Mexican Field Trip (by Tillie Smith, 1963).
336. Fort Ross, California, Sites Investigated by Santa Rosa Junior College (by von der Porten, 1961).
337. List of Chumash Manuscripts in the BAE Archives of the Smithsonian Institution Revised Through 1962; Includes 13 Harrington Manuscripts.
*338. Pack Rat Nests (by Richard Brooks, 1962). Bones Catalogued in Lowie Museum, Nos. 2/30913-23, Acc. 1934. Published in Southwest Journal of Anthropology 21(2), 1965.
*339. Pictograph Site Record Sheets, Thermofax, for Monterey, Kern, Riverside, Tulare, Ventura, San Diego, Mono, and San Luis Obispo Counties (by Campbell Grant).
340. Field Notes for Weekend Excavations at Ala-309, Emeryville Shellmound (by Richard Gould, 2-5/1963).
341. Notes on Mnt-281 and Mnt-282 (by R.F. Heizer, 1951).
342. Field Notes and Accession Sheets for DNo-11 (by R. Gould, 1964). Includes 125 Slides.
343. Material on Mojave Chief Iretaba and Cahuilla Chief Juan Antonio (by L. Burr Belden, San Bernardino,1957.
344. Drawings of Projectile Points from California and Nevada (by Frank D. Parker, 1963).
345. Arizona and Nevada Miscellaneous Site Records and Correspondence, etc. 1960-1964.
*346. Report of the Excavation of Sol-2 (by field class, 1965).
*347. Preliminary Report (General Archaeological and Ethnographic) on Mounds of the Bay Area and Missions of California (by P.M. Jones, 1900). (Delivered to Lowie Museum by Mrs. Kroeber, 1961.)
348. Emeryville Mound #309, Ala-309: Original Notes, Final Report (by N. Nelson and Wepfer, 1906). Used In Schenck's Paper on Emeryville Mound, Published in UCPAAE vol. 23.
349. San Francisco Bay Mounds (by N. Nelson, 1907).
350. Site Surveys from the Russian River to the Golden Gate Mounds (by N. Nelson, 1910).
351. Tehama-Red Bluff Mounds (by N. Nelson, 1907). Original Notes.
352. Original Notes on the Excavation of Hawyer Cave (by N. Nelson, 1910).
353. Sausalito Mound #3 (by N. Nelson, 1910). Original Notes and Typed Copy.
354. San Rafael Mound #860, Mrn-315. (by N. Nelson, 1910).
355. Bay Shore Mound #387 (by N. Nelson, 1910).
356. Notes on the Castro Mound #356 Scl-1 (by N. Nelson, ca. 1910).
357. West Berkeley Mound #307, Ala-307 (by N. Nelson and Peterson, 1910-1911).
*358. Greenbrae Mound #76, Mrn-76 (by N. Nelson, ca. 1911).
359. San Mateo Mound #372, SMa-33 (by N. Nelson, 1911).
360. Southern California Mounds (by N. Nelson, 1912).
361. Notes on the Castro Mound #356, Scl-1 (by Loud, 1912).
362. Presidio Mound #417 (by Loud, 1912).
363. Half Moon Bay Mounds, General Notes (by Loud, 1912).
364. Carquinez Mound #236 (by Loud, 1912).
365. Walnut Creek Mounds #419-428, CCo-239, CCo-240 (by Loud, 1913).
366. Monterey County Shellmounds (by E.W. Gifford, 1913).
367. Detailed Analysis of Shellmound Samples (by E.W. Gifford, 1913). Published in Final Form in UCPAAE Vol. 13.
368. San Diego Bay Mounds (by Welty, 1913).
*369. Humboldt Bay Sites (by Loud, 1913). Published in Part in UCPAAE 14.
370. Catalogue of Stilson Collection (by Waterman, 1914). Now at the State Capitol.
371. Monterey Bay Mounds, General (by Kroeber, 1915).
372. Map Showing Location of Santa Cruz Island Mounds (by L. Outhwaite, 1913).
373. Sonoma Valley Sites, Son-28 and General (by L. Loud and J. Peter, 1920).
374. Monterey, Pacific Grove and Salinas Mounds (by E. Golomshtok, 1920-1921).
375. Tehama County Mounds (by E. Golomshtok, 1922).
376. Richmond and Napa Valley Sites, in General (by Stephens, 1922).
377. Emeryville Mound #309, Ala-309 (by W.E. Schenck, 1924). Published in Final Form in UCPAAE 23.
378. Southern Sierra Sites (by Dron, 1925).
379. Monterey County Sites, General (by Hill, 1929).
380. Monterey Bay Mounds, General (by Wood, 1930).
381. Central San Joaquin Reconnaissance, 1940-1942 (by G.W. Hewes and C. Massey). Published Under Title: Archaeological Survey of the Central San Joaquin Valley, 1951.
382. Personal Journals for San Francisco Mound #328, #329, Howell's Point Mound, Colusa County Survey Trips (by W.R. Wedel).
383. Colusa County Sites: Miller Mound [Col-1], Sandhill Mound (Col-2), Howell's Point Mound (Col-3) (by Heizer and Krieger, 1935-1936).
384. Carbon Copies of N. Nelson's San Francisco Bay Mounds, 1907.
385. Carbon Copies of Nelson's Notes on the Following Mounds: Sausalito, Castro, Bayshore #387, West Berkeley, Greenbrae, San Mateo, San Rafael, and Russian River to Golden Gate Mounds.
386. Notes on Pictographs and Petroglyphs, Mostly Kern County (by Cawley, 1965).
387. Prehistoric and Indian Trails on Southern California Deserts (by Belden, 1961).
388. The Ophir Skull from Virginia City (by P. Reichlen, 1965).
389. Chemical Analysis of Soils of Central California Indian Mounds (by Jose Setzer, 1947).
390. Shrines, Effigies and Ceremonial Grounds of the Panamints; and Indian Activities Around Shoshone and Pahrump Valleys the 1860's (by L. Burr Belden, 1964).
391. Nevada Sites Related to California Sites Along the Colorado River (by Haenzsel, 1965).
392. Arizona Sites Related to California Sites Along the Colorado River (by Haenzsel, 1965).
393. Computer Data on Heizer and Dawson's SJo-68 Burial Data. Also Data from Sac-66 and Sac-331 (by Ragir, 1969).
*394. Soil Analysis Materials Used in Anthropology Vol. 2, 1965 (by Cook and Heizer).
*395. Soil Science and Archaeology (by A.J. Arkley, 1965).
*396. Inferences on Culture Change Suggested by Midden Constituent Analysis (by D.A. Fredrickson, 1966).
397. Dental Morphology of the Aboriginal Population of the Lower Sacramento Valley (by J. Cadien, 1969).
398. Miscellaneous Information, Correspondence and Archaeological Data on Northwestern California Sites (by various authors).
399. Original Notes and Diagrams used by E.W. Gifford and W.E. Schenk, 1926, from the Southern San Joaquin Valley.
*400. Notes on the Excavation of Hum-169 (by Mills, 1949).
401. Archaeological Research in Puerto Peñasco, Sonora, Mexico (by E.W. Gifford, 1948-1949).
402. Diagrams and Report from Arizona Explorations, 1906-1907 (by Peterson).
403. Archaeology of the Southern San Joaquin Valley (by Gifford an Schenck). Published in UCPAAE 23:1, 1926, in less detailed form.
404. Site Survey of the Granite Creek-Jackass Creek Plateau Along the Upper Mammoth Highway and Adjacent Meadows (by J.E. Carroll, 1969).
405. Working notes on California Indian Mines and Quarries Compiled by Heizer and Treganza in 1940.
*406. Photographs of Sites SBr-194 and SBr-195 (by Scott Ryerson, no date given).
407. Collection of Site Descriptions and Illustrations of Petroglyph and Pictograph Sites in Southern California Counties (by Arda Haenszel).
408. Scale Drawings of Petroglyphs at NE entrance to Modoc Lava Beds National Monument (by J.C. von Werlhoff, 1963).
409. Petroglyph Sites in Inyo and Mono Counties (collected by von Werlhoff, 1959).
**410. Microfilm Record Prints of 9 BAE Manuscripts on Petroglyphs in California, Nevada and Oregon.
411. California Petroglyph Survey Carried out by ARF in 1963 (by M. Heicksen).
412. Description of Archaeological Materials from Sac-A (Hotchkiss Culture) (by S. Ragir, 1968).
413. Data Concerning the Two Chumash Stone-Weighted Digging Sticks Made by Juan Pico for the U.S. National Museum in 1894 (by R.Heizer, 1970).
414. Photographs of Ala-307 (by Wallace and Lathrap, 1950).
**415. Photocopies of Petroglyphs from the Chalfant Group, Swansea Group and Other Inyo County Petroglyph Sites. Copied from a Manuscript in Southwest Museum Library. 16pgs. (Ms. 319 is a microfilm copy of Ms. 415).
416. Report by U.S. Department of Agriculture Forest Service on Truman Meadows Site in Inyo National Forest, Including Photographs. 1964.
*417. Study of Pestles in the American Museum of Natural History (by J. Bird).
**418. File of Data Submitted to Chancellor Heyns, 1970, for Faculty Committee Review of the ARF (Chairman, Luis Alvarez). See University Archives, Bancroft Library, U.C. Berkeley.
419. Orange County Anthropological Survey: Indian Plants, Indian Food, Artifacts, Indian Art, Photographs, Maps, Miscellaneous Notes, Daily Journals.
420. Site Reconnaissance of Santa Catalina Island (by N.C. Nelson, 1912).
**421. Original Version of The Early Horizon in Central California Prehistory (by S. Ragir, 1969). Published in UC-ARF Contribution No.15.
422. The Kocheyali and the Aiticha (by John M. Lynch, 1951).
423. Part I: Typed Copy of Partial English Translation of Noticias de la Provincia de Californias...Valencia: Las Hermanos de Orgas, 1794 (made by Peveril Meigs, 1927). Also Extracts from 3 Letters of a Priest, Dealing with Comments on the Indians. Part II: Additions to Above Translation by R.L. Beals.
424. Some Numerals from the California Indian Languages (collected by C.E. Kelsey, 1905-1906).
*425. Card File of Native California Ethnographic Informants (by Kroeber).
426. List of Kroeber's Ethnographic Informants Prepared by Kroeber in Connection with the California Indians Claim Case (Dockets 31/37), 1955.
427. Card File of Indians Visited 1901-1929 in California by C. Hart Merriam.
428. File of Native California Informants, Compiled from mss. #425-427 and from Published Literature (by Heizer and Nissen, 1972).
**429. Work Sheets for Preparation of Manuscript #428 (by Heizer and Nissen,1972). Ms. 429 is a transcription of the index cards in ms. 428.
430. Distinguishing Among Multinomial Populations: a Decision Theoretic Approach (by J.L. Stormberg, partial manuscript requirements).
431. General Bibliography of Materials Pertaining to the Maidu Indians of Central California (by Bernard L. Fontana).
*432. Aerial Photographs of Giant Figures Along Colorado River (by M. Heizer, 1971).
433. New Information About the Aboriginal Population of the Santa Barbara Channel (by Alan K. Brown). Published as UCAS Report No.69.
434. Ukiah Valley Pomo Religious Life, Supernatural Doctoring and Beliefs: Observations of 1939-1941 (by Birbeck Wilson, edited by Caroline L. Hills). Published as UCAS Report No. 72.
**435. Northern Paiute Folklore (by A.L. Kroeber and W. Marsden). Published as Non-Serial by ARF, 1972.
436. Survey of Tomales Bay, Bodega Bay and Sonoma County Coast Sites, with Quadrangle Maps (by J. Peters, 1923).
**437. Bibliography of Published and Manuscript Notes of Lorenza G. Yates Deposited in Bancroft Library (by C.L. Camp, 1969).
438. Maps of Klamath River Villages (by G. Gibbs, 1852).
439. Original from Barrel Springs, NV-Pe-104 Site Report Published as ARF Non-Serial (by R. Cowan, 1967).
**440. Some Aspects of Santa Barbara Channel Prehistory PhD Dissertation, Based on Analysis of R.L. Olson's Santa Cruz Island Collections (by R.L. Hoover, 1971).
441. Site Survey of Southern California Coast from Topanga Canyon to San Diego Bay (by N.C. Nelson, 1912).
442. Original Field Notebooks and Photo Prints of Santa Barbara Mainland and Santa Cruz Island Excavations, Including Some Quad Sheets with Site Locations (by R.L. Olson, 1927-1928).
**443. Analysis of Tribes Signing the 18 Unratified 1851-1852 California Treaties, Later Published as an ARF Non-Serial, with Preface by A.L. Kroeber, Including Map Showing Actual Territory Controlled by the Identifiable "Tribal" Groups (scale 1:1, 000, 000) (by R.F. Heizer,1955). See Published Records in Native American Studies Library.
444. An Archaeological Survey of the Lower Moapa Valley, Nevada, Including Special Map of Moapa Valley, Clark County (by M.R.Harrington, 1929).
**445. Original of Census of Non-Reservation California Indians, 1905-1906 (by C.E. Kelsey). Published as ARF Non-Serial.
446. Photograph of Corn Cob and Kernels from Ama-3, Bamert Cave (analysis by Volney Jones, 1972). Negative on File at the Ethnobotanical Laboratory at the Museum of Anthropology, University of Michigan.
447. Catalogue of the D.T. Davis Collection of Archaeological Materials from Napa Valley.
448. Catalogue of California Materials in the Barker Collection (catalogued by A.R. Pilling).
449. Burial Chart for SJo-56, the Phelps Mound (by R.F. Heizer).
450. Esselen Tribelets and Subsidiary Villages, with Sketch Map (by R.Levy, 1973).
**451. Photocopy Negatives of Drawings of Projectile Points Published in Review and Discussion of Great Basin Projectile Points: Forms and Chronology by T.R. Hester and R.F. Heizer, Published as an ARF Non-Serial, 1973.
**452. X-Ray of Imbedded Serrated Point from CCo-138, Published in Arrow Points or Knives? by Hester and Heizer, America Antiquity, 1973. 1 x-ray.
453. Excavations at Calaveras 175 (by J. Tuttle).
454. Survey of CA-Mnt-315 (by B.K. Swartz, Jr.).
455. The Archaeology of Bamert Cave, Ama-3, California (by R.F. Heizer, T.R. Hester, et al.). Includes Plates and Materials from the ARF Non-Serial Publication on the Site.
*456. Manuscript Notes (Copies and Abstracts) of Archival and Book, Journal, Newspaper Accounts of California Indians and Indian-White Relations in the Spanish, Mexican and American Periods.
*457. Notes on Boundaries and Culture of the Panamint Shoshone and Owens Valley Paiute (by G.L. Grosscup). Margin Notes by A.L. Kroeber and/or R.F. Heizer; Map Accompanies Text. Done while Grosscup was Employed as C.H. Merriam Fellow.
458. A visit with Ly-Dam-Lill-Le (by B.L. Fontana).
459. Four Notebooks Reporting Archaeological Sites and Materials from California, Oregon and Arizona (by A.G. Colley, 1923-1926).
460. Field Notebook on the Archaeology of Miller's Island and Records of Columbia River Petroglyphs (by J.H. Steward, undated).
**461. Original Pen and Ink Illustrations and Photostat Negatives of NV-El-11 (South Fork Shelter). All Published in UCAS Reports.
462. Bound Typewritten Report of the Sunny Hills Ranch Site No. 1, 3/13/1939 - 4/28/1939 (by J.W. Winterbourne).
463. A Study and Interpretation of a Bedrock Mortar Site Near West Point, Calaveras County (by S. James, for Anthropology 176, 1973).
464. Notes and Photographs of Great Basin Atlatls and Hafted Stone Knives (by M. Mildner and T.R. Hester).
465. Historic Roundhouse Sites in the Central Sierra Nevadas (by J.C. von Werlhof).
466. Draft of Archaeological Report in CA-Cal-142, Poore Site, Including Field Catalogue (by M.A. Baumhoff, ca. 1958). Also includes information on Cal-114, -116, -117, -122, -137, -138, -141, -143, -150, -151, -152,-153, -154, -155.
467. Notes on the Seri Indians, Sonora, Mexico (by B. Crawford). Summarizes Published Data on Seri Plus Crawford's Own Fieldwork Data. 1973.
**468. A Review of Clear Lake Pomo Culture, by Michael J. Lowy. This Manuscript was Originally Written in 1973 for Vol. VIII of the Handbook of North American Indians, But Since It Was Much Too Long, He Published an Abbreviated Version Which Refers to this Present Fuller Account. Other Copies of this Account Deposited in the Smithsonian, ARF, and with the Author.
**469. Photocopies of Published Articles on the Subject of California Indian Warfare, Plus a Seminar Paper of ca. 1956 by T. McCorkle on the Subject (compiled by Anthropology 195 class, taught by R.F. Heizer,1969).
470. California Indian Demography: Habitation Counts and Site Areas (by M.H. Heicksen). Data on Site Dimensions and Number of Observed Housepits in California Prepared from ARF Site Files and Utilized by S.F. Cook and R.F. Heizer to Prepare Article in K. C. Chang's Settlement Archaeology and UCAS Report No. 64.
**471. Camera-Ready Copy of Contributions Nos. 1-5. Stored 10/88. Contact Archaeological Research Facility.
**472. Camera-Ready Copy of Contributions Nos. 6-10. Stored 10/88. Contact Archaeological Research Facility.
**473. Camera-Ready Copy of Contributions Nos. 11-14. Stored 10/88. Contact Archaeological Research Facility.
**474. Camera-Ready Copy of Contributions Nos. 15-18. Stored 10/88. Contact Archaeological Research Facility.
**475. Camera-Ready Copy of Contributions Nos. 19-22. Stored 10/88. Contact Archaeological Research Facility.
476. Notes on Private Archaeological Collections in Southern San Joaquin Valley (Probably Made by Gifford and/or Schenck, undated).
**477. Camera-Ready Copy of Contribution No. 23. Includes " Socio-Religious Aspects of Management" by Sean Sweezy. " Practices and Warfare Among California Indians" by Steve James and Suzanne Graziani, 1975. 114pgs. Contact Archaeological Research Facility.
**478. Infrared Photography of Indian Petroglyphs (by R. English and R. Turner). 47pgs.
**479. Camera-Ready Copy of Non-Serial Publication: Seven Early Accounts of the Pomo Indians and Their Culture (edited by R.F. Heizer, 1975). Stored 10/88. Contact Archaeological Research Facility.
480. A Faunal Analysis in the Santa Cruz Mountains (by E. Blinman, 1975).
**481. Camera-Ready Copy and Cover Plates: Autobiographies of Three Pomo Women (E. Colson, 1974). Stored 10/88. Contact Archaeological Research Facility.
**482. Camera-Ready Copy of Non-Serial Publication: The Eighteen Unratified Treaties of 1851-1852 Between the California Indians and the United States Government (edited by R. Heizer,1972). Stored 10/88. Contact Archaeological Research Facility.
**483. Rap Rock: Possible Petroglyphs in San Mateo County (by S. Graziani, 1976). Contains Negatives and Prints of the Rock and Field Notes. 33pgs. Contact Archaeological Research Facility.
**484. Camera-Ready Copy of Contribution No. 24. Stored 10/88. Contact Archaeological Research Facility.
**485. Camera-Ready Copy of Contribution No. 29. Stored 10/88. Contact Archaeological Research Facility.
**486. Camera-Ready Copy of Non-Serial Publication: Marriage and Divorce Practices in Native California (by J. Nelson, 1975). Stored 10/88. Contact Archaeological Research Facility.
**487. Camera-Ready Copy of Non-Serial Publication: Chumash Place Name Lists (compiled by A.L. Kroeber, C.H. Merriam, and H.W. Henshaw; edited by R.F. Heizer, 1975). Stored 10/88. Contact Archaeological Research Facility.
**488. Camera-Ready Copy of Contribution No. 26. Stored 10/88. Contact Archaeological Research Facility.
**489. Camera-Ready Copy of Non-Serial Publication: Analysis of Ancient Feces (by P.J. Wilke and H.H. Hall, 1975). Stored 10/88. Contact Archaeological Research Facility.
**490. Camera-Ready Copy of Non-Serial Publication: Costanoan Internal Relationships (by R.L. Levy, 1976). Stored 10/88. Contact Archaeological Research Facility.
**491. Camera-Ready Copy of Non-Serial Publication: Paleoepidemiological Studies on Great Basin Coprolites (by M. Kliks, 1975). Stored 10/88. Contact Archaeological Research Facility.
**492. Stephen Powers' Letters to J.W. Powell. Published in Contribution No. 28, in Addition to His Biography by S. Park, 1976. Stored 10/88. Contact Archaeological Research Facility.
493. Clay Artifacts from Western Contra Costa County, Brooks Island [CCo-290] and San Pablo [CCo-272] (by W. Rose, 1974).
**494. Camera-Ready Copy for Non-Serial: Miwok Balanophagy (by P.J.Mayer, 1976). Stored 10/88. Contact Archaeological Research Facility.
**495. Camera-Ready Copy for Contribution No. 31 (by A. Susman). Stored 10/88. Contact Archaeological Research Facility.
**496. Camera-Ready Copy of One Article in Contribution No. 27 (by C. Jones). Stored 10/88. Contact Archaeological Research Facility.
**497. Camera-Ready Copy of One Article in Contribution No. 27 (by J.S. Justeson). Stored 10/88. Contact Archaeological Research Facility.
**498. Camera-Ready Copy of Merriam Contributions, Vol. I, 1976. Stored 10/88. Contact Archaeological Research Facility.
**499. Contribution No. 32, Camera-Ready Copy. Stored 10/88. Contact Archaeological Research Facility.
**500. Camera-Ready Copy of Contribution No. 33. Stored 10/88. Contact Archaeological Research Facility.
**501. Camera-Ready Copy of Contribution No. 34. Stored 10/88. Contact Archaeological Research Facility.
**502. Camera-Ready Copy of Contribution No. 35. Stored 10/88. Contact Archaeological Research Facility.
**503. Camera-Ready Copy of Merriam Contributions. Vol. II, 1977. Stored 10/88. Contact Archaeological Research Facility.
504. Notes on the Salinan Tribe (by O. Wollesen).
Part 1: Family Tree of a Salinan names Eusebio Encinales, with a history of his life.
Part 2: List of Antonio Salinans, Informants, Some Notes on Joe Mora, an Antonio Salinan, and the Antonio Salinans' View of the Tularanos.
505. Original Notes for Chumash Place Name Lists (by C. Hart Merriam). Published as a Non-Serial Publication, Edited by R.F. Heizer, 1975.
**506. Camera-Ready Copy of Non-Serial Publication: Basic Sources for the Study of Burins (by J.M. Pitzer, 1977). Stored 10/88. Contact Archaeological Research Facility.
**507. Camera-Ready Copy of Non-Serial Publication: A Brief Descriptive Catalogue of the Sherburne F. Cook Papers (compiled by C.L. Busby, 1977). Stored 10/88. Contact Archaeological Research Facility.
**508. Camera-Ready Copy and Negatives of Plates of Contribution No. 37. Stored 10/88. Contact Archaeological Research Facility.
**509. Camera-Ready Copy of Contribution No. 36. Stored 10/88. Contact Archaeological Research Facility.
**510. Camera-Ready Copy of Contribution No. 27, Minus 2 Articles (see Ms.496, 497). Stored 10/88. Contact Archaeological Research Facility.
511. An Archaeological Survey of the Indian Valley Reservoir, Lake County (by R.I. Orlins, prepared 1971, accessioned 1978). To Accompany Site Survey Records and ARF Maps.
512. Shoshonean Pottery of the Western Great Basin (by E.R. Prince).
**513. California Indian Tattooing (by W. Rose, 1979). Camera-Ready Copy, Non-Serial Publication. Stored 10/88. Contact Archaeological Research Facility.
514. Shellmounds of the Monterey Peninsula: Notes on Their Distribution and Fauna (by E. M. Fisher, 1934). Contains Maps of Del Monte Properties, Carmel, the City of Monterey, and Pacific Grove.
515. Notes on the Rulotson Collection from Sol-34 (by A.B. Elsasser and J.A. Bennyhoff).
516. Notes and Drawings Concerning the Excavation of Cave Rock, NV-Do-1 (by J.E. Smith and A.B. Elsasser, 1951).
**517. Camera-Ready Computer Copy from Contribution No. 41. Stored 10/88. Contact Archaeological Research Facility.
518. Multiple Discriminant Function Analysis of Some Central California Skeletal Groups (by G.S.Breschini, 1979). Paper Read at Society for California Archaeology Annual Meeting, 1979.
519. Esselen Prehistory (by G.S. Breschini, 1979). Paper Read at Society for California Archaeology Annual Meeting, 1979.
520. Ethnographic Notes on Indians of the Santa Barbara Channel Islands (by A.L. Kroeber, no date given).
**521. Camera Ready Copy and Original Manuscript Articles for Contribution No. 41. Stored 10/88. Contact Archaeological Research Facility.
**522. Camera Ready Copy of Contribution No. 39. Stored 10/88. Contact Archaeological Research Facility.
**523a. Original Manuscript from Which Contribution No. 40 Was Prepared. Stored 10/88. Contact Archaeological Research Facility.
**523b. Camera Ready Copy of Contribution No. 40. Stored 10/88. Contact Archaeological Research Facility.
**524a. Camera Ready Copy of Contribution No. 43. Stored 10/88. Contact Archaeological Research Facility.
**524b. Type-Set Cover for Contribution No. 43. Stored 10/88. Contact Archaeological Research Facility.
**524c. Blue-Line Copy of Contribution No. 43. Stored 10/88. Contact Archaeological Research Facility.
525. Notes of Pre-Historic Remains in the Aleutian Islands (W.H. Dall, U.S. Coast Survey. Proceedings of the California Academy of Sciences, Vol. IV, pp. 283-287, 1873). Also: On Further Examinations of the Anaknak Cave, Captain's Bay, Unalaska (W.K. Dall, 1874).
526. Ethnographic Field Notes on the Tolowa Collected 1963-65, and Archaeological Field Notes and Catalog from the Pt. St. George Site [No-11] (by R.A. Gould).
527. Trinomial Designation of Spyrock Road Petroglyph Site, Mendocino County, California (Men-433,-437,-511.(by Dan Foster, 1988).
528. WPA Anthropological Project #7680: Moro Canyon Site No. 2 Excavation (by F.A. Henderson and W.W. Wieman, 1988).
529. The Archaeology of Mitchell's Caverns (by Albert B. Elsasser, Martin Baumhoff, and Michael J. Harner).
530. California Indian Village Site Locations (by E.W. Gifford, S.A. Barrett, and M.A. Baumhoff).
531. The Archaeological Test Excavation of Sites CA-Col-76 and CA-Col-81, Fouts Springs, Mendocino National Forest, California (by Charles Slaymaker, 1983).
532. The Berkeley Wall, Tilden Park (by Russell Swanson, 1984).
533. Map of the Farmington Site [Sta-44], Showing Trench Where Carbon Sample for C14 Dating Was Taken (by Gene Prince).
534. A Reconnaissance of a Prehistoric Site on the Spanish Springs Drylake Plateau, Pah Rah Range, Washoe County, Nevada (by Robert B. Brewer, 1984).
535. Utah's Price River Prehistoric Rock Art (by R.V. Jones and D.E.Goodfellow, 1985).
536. Utah's Muddy Creek Prehistoric Rock Art (by R.V. Jones and D.E.Goodfellow, 1986).
537. New Hogan Lake, Calaveras County, California: Intensive Cultural Resources Survey and Evaluation. (submitted to U.S. Army Corps of Engineers by California Archaeological Consultants, 11/1986).
538. Coprolite Materials, compiled by Robert F. Heizer, 1968-70.
Part 1 of 5: Correspondence.
Part 2 of 5: Reprints and articles on coprolites.
Part 3 of 5: Photographs.
Part 4 of 5: Working notes and rough drafts, etc.
Part 5 of 5: Paper by Norman Linneaus Roust, "A Preliminary Scatologic Examination of Prehistoric Human Coprolites Found In Western Nevada."
**539. Camera-ready copy of Contribution No. 46, 1987. Put into storage 10/88 Contact Archaeological Research Facility.
**540. "The Archaeology of Bamert Cave," by R. F. Heizer and T.R. Hester, 1973. Camera-ready copy of non-serial publication. Put into storage 10/88. Contact Archaeological Research Facility.
**541. "Boundary Descriptions of California Indian Stocks and Tribes," by C. Hart Merriam and Zenaida Merriam Talbot, 1974. Camera-ready copy of non-serial publication. Put into storage 10/88. Contact Archaeological Research Facility.
**542 "George Gibbs' Journal of Redick McKee's Expedition Through Northwestern California in 1851," edited and annotated by R. F. Heizer,1972. Camera-ready copy of non-serial publication. Put into storage 10/88. Contact Archaeological Research Facility.
**543. "Catalogue of the C. Hart Merriam Collection of Data Concerning California Indian Tribes and other American Indians," prepared by R.F. Heizer, Dennis Bailey, Marke Estis and Karen Nissen, 1969. Put into storage 10/88. Contact Archaeological Research Facility.
**544. "An Anthropological Expedition of 1913 or Get It Through Your Head or Yours for the Revolution," edited by R.F. Heizer, 1970. Camera-ready copy of non-serial publication; correspondence between A.L. Kroeber and L.L. Loud, July 13, 1913-October 31, 1913.Put into storage 10/88. Contact Archaeological Research Facility.
**545. "A Bibliography of California Indian History," compiled by Karen M. Nissen, E.D. Castillo and R.F. Heizer, 1973. Camera-ready copy of non-serial publication. Put into storage 10/88. Contact Archaeological Research Facility.
**546. "Contributions of Robert F. Heizer to Californai Ethnohistory, " by William S. Simmons and Polly McW. Bickel, 1982. Camera-ready copy of non-serial publication. Put into storage 10/88. Contact Archaeological Research Facility.
**547. "Notes on the McCloud River Wintun and Selected Excerpts from Alexander S Taylor's Indianology of California," edited by R.F. Heizer, 1973. Camera-ready copy of non-serial publication. Put into storage 10/88. Contact Archaeological Research Facility.
**548. Camera-ready copy of contribution No. 35, minus cover and title page. Put into storage 10/88. Contact Archaeological Research Facility.
**549. "Reprints of Various Papers on California Archaeology, Ethnology and Indian History," assembled and edited by R.F. Heizer, 1973. Camera-ready copy of non-serial publication. Put into storage 10/88. Contact Archaeological Research Facility.
**550. "The Human Sources of California Ethnography," by R.F. Heizer and Karen M. Nissen, 1973. Camera-ready copy of non-serial publication. Put into storage 10/88. Contact Archaeological Research Facility.
**551. "Review and Discussion of Great Basin Projectile Points: Forms and Chronology, " by T.R. Hester and R.F. Heizer, 1973. Camera-ready copy of non-serial publication. Put into storage 10/88. Contact Archaeological Research Facility.
552. Indian Rancherias of Santa Ynez, San Francisco, San Buenaventura, and La Purisima Missions. Translation of Friar Ordaz' Diary of Arguello's Expedition of 1821 to the North of San Francisco, by Stella R. Clemence, 1917-21.
553. Tribal and Village Survey of California, assembled by Robert F. Heizer, 1948-50. List including all village names is divided into 12 parts. Including Tribal boundary surveys, maps, and commentary.
554. Additional Notes on the Miller Mound, Col-1, by Robert F. Heizer, 1936.
555. Mojave River Information, Compiled by Robert F. Heizer and Arda Haenszel, 1966.
556. Ground stone artifacts from the Topanga Canyon Tank Site 1 (Lan-1), 1947. No author given.
557. Drawings of pictographs from Rattlesnake Mountain, California. Recorded August 25, 1923 by C. Grant.
558. Great Basin projectile points: types, distributions and ages. Compiled by Robert F. Heizer, no date given.
Part 1 of 3: point typology and distribution tables.
Part 2 of 3: point distribution maps, drawings and data on Ch-15 (Humboldt Lakebed) points.
Part 3 of 3: maps showing point distributions references, and, descriptions.
559. Correspondence relating to location of petroglyphs. Used in publication by Julian H. Steward, 1926-27.
560. Letters and photographs concerning Arizona petroglyphs. Robert F. Heizer, 1966-75.
561. Mrn-115 Materials (site map, north face of trench C, artifacts, map of tribes mentioned in flint chipping accounts). No author given, 1954.
562. Original plates and maps for Mrn-250 (Isabella Meadows Cave) and Cal-99 (Winslow Cave), by C. Meighan. No date given.
563. Site Survey File. Site files, and Correspondence from 1958-75.
Part 1 of 7: Letters regarding site records and designations, notes, Parks and Recreation site survey records.
Part 2 of 7: UCAS duplicate records, site survey file data.
Part 3 of 7: original site records for Tuolome, Tulare, Trinity, and Yuba counties.
Part 4 of 7: Riverside County sites (Riv-523 through 660), from the San Bernadino County Museum.
Part 5 of 7: Monterey County sites files, from Cabrillo College collected by R. Edwards and G. S. Breschini. Also, Nacimiento River Survey, 1973.
Part 6 of 7: letters between R.F. Heizer and others regarding site designations and missing records.
Part 7 of 7: letters pertaining to the establishment of the UCLA Archaeological Survey, between R.F. Heizer and others.
564. Correspondence between the Lowie Museum and the Archaeological Research Facility, regarding the transfer of manuscripts to the ARF, 1960-66.
565. Field Notebook on Peterson #2, Goddard site, Tulukai, Las Trancas and site survey of Child's, Pope and Napa Valleys, Bill Adams, 1947.
566. Papers on the Rock Art of Utah: Ferron Creek and North Salt Wash. R.V. Jones and D.E. Goodfellow, 1988.
567. Cultural Reconnaissance Report on Relocation of ELD-24 and ELD-25. Prepared by Herschel D. Davis, 1990.
**568. "Continuity and Change in Central California Prehistory: The Material Record" by Edra Moore. M.A. Thesis, C.S.U. Hayward, 1982.
569. Concha Loma development, Carpinteria, Ca. 1949-50, James A. Bennyhoff and Albert Mohr.
570. "Final Report Testing and Stabilization of the Olivera Adobe Ruin" (SBA-785/H) 1994, by Carmen Weber.
571. Composite Catalog of Smithsonian Institution's 1933-34 excavations at Ker-39. Also includes transcript of an interview with Dr W.R. Wedel from 1989.
**572. "Hunter-Gatherer Adaptive Strategies and Lacustrine Environments in the Buena Vista Lake Basin, Kern Co., California." 1992, by L.L. Hartzell (Dissertation). See Original in the collection of the U.C. Davis Library.
573. Duplicate tracings of Burial Sketches. Various Colusa, Contra Costa, Mountain, and Sacramento County burial sites.
574. Anthropology 128, Student Course Papers on "State of the Collection: Santa Cruz Island Site 100." Fall 1995, taught by Edward Luby.