Inventory of the Graduate School of Architecture & Urban Planning Dean's Office Correspondence Files, 1985-1987
Processed by UCLA University Archives staff; machine-readable finding aid created by Caroline Cubé.
UCLA Library, Department of Special Collections© 1999
21560 Young Research Library
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575
The Regents of the University of California. All rights reserved.
Title: Graduate School of Architecture & Urban Planning Dean's Office Correspondence Files
Date (inclusive): 1985-1987
Record Series number: 324
Creator: University of California, Los Angeles.
Extent: 1 box (4 linear ft.)
Repository: University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections. University Archives.
Los Angeles, California 90095-1575
Physical location: Stored off-site at SRLF. Advance notice is required for access to the collection. Please contact the UCLA Library, Department of Special Collections, University Archives Reference Desk for paging information.
COLLECTION STORED OFF-SITE AT SRLF: Open for research. Advance notice required for access. Contact the UCLA Library, Department of Special Collections University Archives Reference Desk for paging information.
Property rights to the physical object belong to the UCLA Library, Department of Special Collections, University Archives. Literary rights, including copyright, are retained by the creators and their heirs. It is the responsibility of the researcher to determine who holds the copyright and pursue the copyright owner or his or her heir for permission to publish where The UC Regents do not hold the copyright.
Graduate School of Architecture and Urban Planning, Dean's Office. Transfer, February, September, October 1988.
[Identification of item], Graduate School of Architecture & Urban Planning Dean's Office Correspondence Files (Record Series number 324). Department of Special Collections, University Archives, Charles E. Young Research Library, UCLA.
The School of Architecture and Urban Planning opened for instruction in 1966 in response to the rapid urbanization of Southern California and the growing need in the region for architects and planners. The two-year master's program emphasized design-oriented studio work based strongly on the social and technological sciences. George A. Dudley was appointed the first dean of the school in 1964, almost two years prior to the arrival of the first students.
The Dean's Council of the Graduate School of Architecture and Urban Planning is a support organization comprised of school alumni and professionals in the region. Activities include sponsorship of a visiting lecturer series and fund-raising for the school.
Correspondence of the Dean. 1985-1987. Record Series 324