Jump to Content
Series 1. Railroads & street cars
Advertisement, Eades: Patent Differential Pulley Blocks, Sacramento, California. Huntington, Hopkins & Company September 1880
Pacific Coast Steamship & Central Pacific Railroad Co. & Southern Pacific Railroad Co. & South Pacific Company contract 1 Feb 1877, 1 Feb 1885
Early train stations in California
1901 Oil Company (1901 Oil Company (1901)
Capay Valley Land Company (1918)
Central New York and Western Railroad Co. (1943)
Coal and products Co. (1909)
Colorado Steam Navigation Co. (1893)
El Verano Improvement Assoc. (1914, 1918)
El Verano Villa Assoc. (1920)
Fresno Land and Improvement Co. (1893)
Gravey Bar Dredging Co. (1910)
Ione Coal and Iron Co. (1890, 1893)
Oakland, Brooklyn and Fruitvale Rai-road Co. (1896)
Portland and Dambill Railroad Co. (1893)
Portland and Willamette Valley Railway Co. (1887)
San Lorenzo Flume and Transportation Co. (1877)
San Pedro Harbor, Dock, and Land Assoc. (1897)
Simmons Bar Dredging Co. (1911
Sonoma Valley Improvement Co. (1888, 1889, 1891)
Union Fuel Co. (1904, 1906)
Southern Pacific locomotives, gift of Mrs. Delmar Green 1948
Central Pacific Railroad - Alfred Hart paper prints + later negatives
Central Pacific Construction Deeth, Utah (Mt. Hallock in distance) Prospect Hill cut.
Central Pacific 3 Copy prints
Central Pacific 5 photos 1922
Union Pacific and Central Pacific copyprints
Western Pacific - locomotives
Baltimore, Ohio postcards
24 Postcard photos - mainly Baltimore, Ohio RR
Leona Line, RPT
Railroad - Molino, Monte Vista
California - Northern Electric Railway Co. 27 photos 1912
Rhode Island Locomotive Works 6 photos of engines 1881
Sutro Heights locomotives, later
Locomotives Colorado 6 color pictures
Locomotives. Great Britain postcards
Street Cars - California
Street Cars, San Francisco
Railroads - Los Angeles, 32 line car. Los Angeles. 33 Santa Monica Los Angeles. 34 Los Angeles, San Pedro 1890
Glass slides - copy negatives + prints
Eastern Bound Train Leaving Oakland Point - Houseworth [copy print] 1870s
Series 2. Aereonautical
1. Stanford alumni: Floyd Merritt, J.E. Brick Elliott, Pat Ferris Jan, 1929
2. Stanford alumni, geologists, May, 1929
3. [Stanford alumni?]: Baker, Brandt, Schilder by a Douglas 0-32 May-30
4. [Stanford alumni?] for Stanford Illustrated Review, May-30
6. Wright, Wilbur and plane
21. Warflinger and single wing Antoinette IV (see 93)
23. Dumont, Santos and plane
25. Farman, Henri and plane
30. Aeroplane Vuia (See 101) (May 1907)
33. Koecklin and plane
43. Guilleband and plane in Rouen.
54. Colonel Coddy's plane (See 103)
60. Bleriot-&-Voisin and plane
63. Equevilley's multiwing plane
64. Glider of M. Belin fils.
66. Gilbert and plane
72. M. Santos-Dumont and plane
76. M. Bleriot and plane La Libellule
90. M. Henri Farman and triplane
91. Delagrange airplane
93. Single wing Antoinette IV (see 21)
97. Single wing Esnault-Pelterce
99. June Bug
101. Vuia (see 30)
103. English military plane of Colonel Cody (See 54)
104. Flying machine of Laurence Lesh at Morris Park, New York.
12. Wilbur Wright airplane
13. Wilbur Wright airplane
15. Delagrange airplane
16. Delagrange airplane
72. Sommer airplane
80. Curtiss airplane
81. Bleriot airplane
83. Farman airplane
84. Voisin airplane
85. La Demoiselle de Santos Dumont (See #23 first series).
Fetes de l'aviation
 M. Latham dans le prix d'altitude
 Bleriot's last flight one minute before burning
64. Voisin airplane
Italian post card: Ala Littoria
1. Flight to the North Pole, 24 August 1949, by Francis P. Farquhar and Garfield Merner. San Francisco, CA 1950,
2. Two magazine clippings
3. Aircraft Magazine, (frag.) Dec, 1911
4. Flying Magazine, Vol. III, No. 2. Mar, 1914
5. Army and Navy News Vol. V. No. 7. Jul, 1917
1. The Breguet of Henri Bregi
2. Ader's third plane
3. Ader's third plane
4. H. & A. Dufaux's helicopter
5. The Antoinette
6. Angers' plane Rene GAsnier
7. Henri Farman plane, built by the Voisin brothers.
8. The gyroplane Louis Breguet
9. The plane in which Bleriot crossed the Channel, pictured in the Conservatoire national des arts & metiers, Paris.
11. The Paul Schmitt plane.
12. Works of Colonel Ch. Renard in the musee de l'aeronautique, Meudon.
13. Models of observation balloons in the musee de l'aeronautique.
14. Airplane models, and Fabre's hydroplane, and Breguet & Caudron's planes, together in the musee de l'aeronautique, Meudon.
15. Model of the dirigeable Zodiac.
16. Model of the first balloon to make a successful voyage. (Made by Pilatre of Rozier and Arlandes, 21 Nov 1783
17. Twin-winged Nieuport plane.
18. Model of the Voisin twin-wing.
19. Model of the Santos-Dumont.
20. Vapor helicopter of Ponton of Amecourt.
21. The Wright motor
22. The Lorraine-Dietrich motor.
23. The Renault motor.
Incoming correspondence to Colonel W. Lockwood Marsh 1921-1930
Miscellany from Col. W. Lockwood Marsh, Royal Aeronautical Society
2. A History of British aeronautical periodicals, by C.G. Grey, in Aeronautics, (pp 28-36) Apr, 1944
3. One flyer and one ad from the Publishers' Circular for Marsh's book, Aeronautical prints and drawings.
Airplane Photographs - Aeronca Aircraft Corporation
American Airlines - Airglobe Magazine 1945
Airplane Photographs - Barnhart - Twin
Bell Aircraft Corporation Photographs
U.S. Army Air Corps Beechcraft Photographs
Consolidated Vultee Aircraft Corporation and Public Relations
Pictorial History of the Boeing Aircraft Company
Airplane Photographs - The Capital Airline
U.S. Navy Parachutes
U.S. Navy Blimp Photographs
Capitol Hill from the Army Air Corps Bombardment Planes photograph
U.S. Army Aircraft Photographs - United Aircraft Corporation
United Airlines School + College Service images etc.
Sikorsky Clipper 1928-1930
Sikorsky Clipper 1931-1936
Boeing Clipper 1939-1946
Douglas Clipper 1937-1945
Consolidated Clipper 1930-1947
Lockhead Clipper 1934-1946
Martin Clipper 1935
Republican Clipper 1947
Palo Alto School of Aviation pamphlet
Army Photographs - Kellet Aircraft
Aircraft Photographs - U.S. Military
Airplane Photographs - Delta Airlines
Series 3. Automotive
Spooner + Wells Photos - Andy Albrecht Collection
Ladies Motor Club photographs
Mounted prints, J.W. Debenham
2 Negatives (Safety Film)
Gas Station Photograph 1925
Autos, Horses, and Harnessings - Ed Degner collection
Reproduction - Charles Sykes illustration of Rolls-Royce
Photograph - 3 Automobiles; "Mrs. J. O'Hara" Written on verso
Carriages Illustrations (Original)
Container shipping. Workers loading boxes circa 1940s-1950s
Series 4. Ships
Shipping Lines Advertising Posters
Series 5. Miscellaneous
unidentified portrait of young man in uniform [stamped Hopkins Transportation Library]
Horses - Riding gear