Jump to Content
1. The Seed Center, Winter-Spring. Printed brochure advertising Rudhyar poetry books and others.
2. Carlos Salzedo. 1 page carbon copy typescript recommendation for Guggenheim Memorial Fellowship. n.d.
3. 1973, May 7.Leo Ornstein to D.R. LS, Brownsville, Texas. Cello sonata, Lysistrata suite, Seller's tape.
4. N.D.,n.p. Roy Harris to D.R. ALS,
5. 1931, Oct 19.Eugene Goossens to D.R. T.L.S., Cincinnati, with D.R. note attached.
6. N.D.Henry Cowell to D.R., N.Y.
7. 1929, Sep 9.Martha Graham to D.R.
8. 1928, Jul 18.Carl Ruggles to D.R. ALS, Arlington, Vt.,
9. -, Nov 26.Carl Ruggles to D.R., ALS, Arlington, Vt.,
10. 1926, Dec 6Carl Ruggles to D.R., ALS, Arlington, Vt.,
11. N.D.Carl Ruggles to D.R. ANS, n.p.,
12. N.D.Carl Ruggles to D.R. ALS, St. Petersburg, Florida,
13. 1924, Sept 25.[L. Stokowski] Boris to D.R. TLS Philadelphia D.R. note attached.
14. 1924, Oct 18.[L. Stokowski] Boris to D.R. TLS, Philadelphia
15. 1937, Aug 11.F.H. Price, Free Library of Philadelphia to D.R. TLS. Edwin A. Fleisher Music Collection.
16. 1938, Nov 16.D.R. to F.H. Price. TL (carbon unsigned). Hollywood.
17. [1958?]Leo Ornstein to D.R. ALS [N.Y.] D.R. note attached.
18. 1926, Sep 21.Roy Harris to D.R. ALS and cover. Paris, France.
19. 1949, Feb 11.Francisco Curt Lange to D.R. TLS
20. 1926, Nov 8.Carl [Ruggles] to D.R. APcS Arlington, Vt.
21. N.D.Carl [Ruggles] to D.R. ALS n.p.,
22. 1928, March 15.Carlos Chavez to D.R. ALS
23. 1928, March 6Carlos Chavez to D.R. ALS N.Y.
24. ?, Jun 13.A(aron) Copland to D.R. ALS Santa Fe,
25. [ca 1922]Henry Cowell to D.R. ANS on printed announcement of Carl Ruggles' Whitney Studio Club talks. N.Y.
26. Henry Cowell to D.R. A.Pc.S.
27. 1954, Oct. 2.Henry [Cowell] to D.R. ALS n.p.
28. 1921,Christmas. Henry Cowell to D.R. ANS on signed musical inscription n.p.
29. 1946, Jan 10.Henry Cowell to D.R. TLS, Fresno, CA
30. N.D.Henry Cowell to D.R. ALS, N.Y., 1 p. With autographed musical inscription on verso.
31. 1924, Jul 20.(Edgar) VArese (1883-1965) to D.R. ALS in French. N.Y.,
32. 1927, Dec 12.(Edgar) Varese to D.R. ALS in French, N.Y.,
33. (1928, Feb 22)Edgar Varese to D.R. ALS in French, N.Y.
34. (1928), Mar 7.D.R. to Varese. T.L. (carbon) Hollywood,
35. 1928, Mar 7.Edgar Varese to D.R. ALS in French. N.p.,
36. N.D. (June?)E(dgar) V(arese) to D.R. ALS in English, N.Y.,
37. 1946, Aug 18.(Edgar) Varese to D.R. ALS in English, n.p.,
38. N.D.Louise Varese (1890-1989) to D.R. ANS on card, (N.Y.),
39. N.D.Carl (Ruggles) to D.R., n.p., ALS, 2 pp. Re Schoenberg.
40. 1950, Mar 11.Program for Composer's forum in cooperation with the New York Public library. Includes Rudhyar's Moments and Ouranos.
Pentagram No. 1: The Summons for the piano. Composer's ms., transparencies.
Pentagram No. 2: Enfoldment for the piano. Composer's ms., transparencies.
Pentagram No. 3: Release for the piano. Composer's ms., transpariencies.
Pentagram No. 4: The Human Way for the piano. Composer's ms., transparencies.
Fanfares: Adolescence (To the North)
Composer's ms. p. [1-2] of 4, with [Fanfares] Rebirth (to the Zenith)
Composer's ms. p. [3-4] of 4
Primavera; Tetragram No. 8
Composer's ms. 8 pp.:cover p[2-6] music p. [7-8] blank.
Tetragrams (Third Series) No. 8: Primavera
Perforation for spiral binding at left.
Tetragram 7: Tendrils
Part of Summer Nights
The Way of Power, from Pentagram
(2) Yearning (for piano)
Composer's ms. p. 4-6.
Composer's ms. p. 44-45
Composer's ms. p. 46-48
Syntony, in 4 movements for the piano.
Composer's ms. Cover.
1. Dithyramb 20 unnumbered pages:
Scope and Content Note
3. Prophetic Rite
Early version, 1935.
Oct 31, 1924
(1) Transcription by Rudhyar of Hymne a la Vie by F. Nietzsche 2 pp. ms.
(2) 1924 Oct.Ruggles, Carl; Men & Mountains symphonic ensemble published by New Music, Arlington, Vermont.
(3) 1924Ruggles, Carl: Lilacs from Men & Mountains ms.
Inscribed to Rudhyar, 1926, Nov.
(4) [N.D.][Ruggles, Carl] - One leaf music sketch with notes,
(5) 1929 Euphoria by Henry Cowell 1 p. for Blanche Walton.