Inventory of the Center for Performing Arts Newsletters, 1973-1977
Processed by UCLA University Archives staff; machine-readable finding aid created by Caroline Cubé.
UCLA Library, Department of Special Collections
21560 Young Research Library
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575
The Regents of the University of California. All rights reserved.
Title: Center for Performing Arts Newsletters
Date (inclusive): 1973-1977
Record Series number: 273
Creator: University of California, Los Angeles.
1 box (.5 linear ft.)
University of California, Los Angeles. Library.
Department of Special Collections. University Archives.
Los Angeles, California 90095-1575
Physical location: Stored off-site at SRLF. Advance notice is required for access to the collection. Please contact the UCLA Library, Department
of Special Collections, University Archives Reference Desk for paging information.
Restrictions on Access
COLLECTION STORED OFF-SITE AT SRLF: Open for research. Advance notice required for access. Contact the UCLA Library, Department
of Special Collections University Archives Reference Desk for paging information.
Restrictions on Use and Reproduction
Property rights to the physical object belong to the UCLA Library,
Department of Special Collections, University Archives. Literary rights, including copyright,
are retained by the creators and their heirs. It is the responsibility of
the researcher to determine who holds the copyright and pursue the
copyright owner or his or her heir for permission to publish where The UC
Regents do not hold the copyright.
[Identification of item], Center for Performing Arts Newsletters (Record Series number 273). Department of Special Collections,
University Archives, Charles E. Young Research Library, UCLA.
In 1936, U.C. President Robert Sproul appointed the Committee on Drama, Lectures, and
Music (later known as the Committee on Fine Arts Production and currently known as the
Center for Performing Arts) to present on-campus one musical even each year. The first
event sponsored by the Committee occurred on 4 February 1937 when the Vienna Choir Boys
performed on the UCLA campus. During the 1960s, under the leadership of Frances Inglis,
the Center built a national and international reputation for the size and sophistication
of its programs. In 1973, Inglis was succeeded by Edmond Harris, who increased the number
of programs and encouraged works by new and avant-garde artists. In 1979, Harris was
succeeded by the present director, Pebbles Wadsworth.
Newsletters, 1973-1977. Record Series 273.
Scope and Content Note
Contains newsletters (title varies) describing performing arts seasons and individual
performances sponsored by the Center for Performing Arts.