Harry N. Madison, early 20th c. Lodi capitalist and merchant, owned and operated at various times: a general merchandise store
on S. Sacramento St. (c1900-1932); a three story concrete business block; the Attwood Building; the first Woolworth store
in town (1923); and, the first home of Lodi Printing and Publishing. The Kennedy Library holds Madison's account book
for 1906-1907 and scattered receipts for items purchased for the store from local wholesalers. Madison's 300 page ledger contains
218 names including those of Dr. Wilton M. Mason, founder of Lodi's first hospital, the Beckmans, the Durstons and other citizens
prominent in the history of Lodi. Local concerns doing business with Madison's store include: the Gravem Inglis Bakery, the
Sperry Flour Co. and the Stockton Creamery Co. of Stockton, as well as Valley Fruit Co. and the Hotel Lodi of Lodi.