Extant sales and financial records and photographs of the Duits, Ltd. Gallery in London for the period 1920-1979, providing
provenance, sales history, and some expertise on art and antiques (including estates and collections) handled by the firm.
The firm started as a general dealer in art and antiques in Dordrecht in 1836 before moving to Amsterdam in 1875. In 1920
Charles Duits opened a gallery in London where he was joined by his brother William Henry and both his son, Clifford and grandson
Graham. After 1920 the Duits Gallery concentrated on old masters, with a special interest in Dutch and Flemish works, many
originally handled in association with their Amsterdam gallery, which closed in 1938. The London gallery closed in 1985.
26.0 linear feet
Library Rights and Reproductions.
Open for use by qualified researchers.