Guide to the Pioneer Reduction Works Records, 1898-1926

Processed by The California State Library staff; machine-readable finding aid created by Xiuzhi Zhou
California History Room
California State Library
Library and Courts Building II
900 N. Street, Room 200
P.O. Box 942837
Sacramento, California 94237-0001
Phone: (916) 654-0176
Fax: (916) 654-8777
Email: cslcal@library.ca.gov
URL: http://www.library.ca.gov/
© 1999
California State Library. All rights reserved.

Guide to the Pioneer Reduction Works Records, 1898-1926



California State Library

Sacramento, California

Contact Information:

  • California History Room
  • California State Library
  • Library and Courts Building II
  • 900 N. Street, Room 200
  • P.O. Box 942837
  • Sacramento, California 94237-0001
  • Phone: (916) 654-0176
  • Fax: (916) 654-8777
  • Email: cslcal@library.ca.gov
  • URL: http://www.library.ca.gov/
Processed by:
The California State Library staff
Encoded by:
Xiuzhi Zhou
© 1999 California State Library. All rights reserved.

Descriptive Summary

Title: Pioneer Reduction Works Records,
Date (inclusive): 1898-1926
Box Number: 645-660
Collector: Skaar, Sven
Repository: California State Library
Sacramento, California
Language: English.

Administrative Information

Access

Unrestricted.

Conditions of Use

Please credit California State Library.

Publication Rights

Copyright has not been assigned to California State Library. All requests for permission to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted in writing. Permission for publication is given on behalf of California State Library as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the reader.

Preferred Citation

[Identification of item], Pioneer Reduction Works Records, California State Library.

Access Points

Gold mines and mining--California--Nevada County

Contents

Correspondence, receipts, accounts.

History

Pioneer Reduction Works was established Dec. 8, 1858. In 1888, it had two roasting furnaces for ore as well as facilities for leaching gold and silver. Five men were employed by the owner, Mr. Maltman. From 1892 to 1926, when it ceased operations the works was owned by Benjamin Hall, who purchased it from Mr. Maltman.

Correspondents

Major Correspondents

  • Hall, Benjamin

Other Correspondents

  • Peterson, L. M.

Container List

Box Box 645

Correspondence 1898-1903

Box Box 646

Correspondence 1904

Box Box 647

Correspondence 1905

Box Box 648

Correspondence 1906

Box Box 649

Correspondence 1907-1909

Box Box 650

Correspondence 1910-1912

Box Box 651

Correspondence 1913-1914

Box Box 652

Correspondence 1915-1916

Box Box 653

Correspondence 1917-1919

Box Box 654

Correspondence 1920-1922

Box Box 655

Correspondence 1923-1924

Box Box 656

Correspondence 1925-1945

Box Box 657

Receipts, etc. 1906-1908

Box Box 658

Receipts, etc. 1913-1914

Box Box 659

Receipts, etc. 1915-1917

Box Box 660

Accounts & misc.