Jump to Content

Collection Guide
Collection Title:
Collection Number:
Get Items:
Inventory of the Dept. of Public Works. Division of Highways. District VI Records
F3789  
View entire collection guide What's This?
PDF (75.32 Kb) HTML
Search this collection
Collection Overview
 
Table of contents What's This?
Background
Highway District VI, formed in 1911, originally included Madera, Merced, Mariposa, Fresno, Kings, Tulare, Mono, and Inyo Counties. Two major district boundary changes occurred, one in 1924, with the transfer of Mono and Inyo Counties to District IX, and in 1933, with the transfer of Mariposa and Merced to District X. (See District IX and District X finding aids for records of Mono, Inyo, Mariposa, and Merced Counties). District headquarters, under the direction of a District Engineer, was located in Fresno.
Restrictions
For permission to reproduce or publish, please contact the California State Archives. Permission for reproduction or publication is given on behalf of the California State Archives as the owner of the physical items. The researcher assumes all responsibility for possible infringement which may arise from reproduction or publication of materials from the California State Archives collections.