Jump to Content

Collection Guide
Collection Title:
Collection Number:
Get Items:
Finding Aid for the Faculty Women's Club. Scrapbooks and photographs. 1942-2004.
University Archives Record Series 696  
View entire collection guide What's This?
PDF (55.61 Kb) HTML
Search this collection
Collection Details
 
Table of contents What's This?
  • Access
  • Publication Rights
  • Preferred Citation
  • Historical Note
  • Scope and Content
  • UCLA Catalog Record ID

  • Title: Faculty Women's Club. Scrapbooks and photographs.
    Identifier/Call Number: University Archives Record Series 696
    Contributing Institution: UCLA Library Special Collections
    Language of Material: English
    Physical Description: 1.2 linear ft. (3 boxes)
    Date: 1942-2004
    Abstract: Record Series 696 contains scrapbooks and photographs from the Faculty Women's club, dating from 1948 to 2004.
    Creator: Faculty Women's Club. 1918-

    Access

    COLLECTION STORED OFF-SITE AT SRLF: Open for research. Advance notice required for access. Contact the UCLA Library Special Collections Reference Desk for paging information.

    Publication Rights

    Copyright has not been assigned to the UCLA University Archives. All requests for permission to publish or quote from the records must be submitted in writing to the University Archivist. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the UCLA University Archives as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained.

    Preferred Citation

    [Identification of item], Faculty Women's Club. Scrapbooks and photographs (University Archives Record Series 696). UCLA Library Special Collections, University Archives.

    Historical Note

    The Faculty Women's Club (FWC) originated as a political action group at Los Angeles Normal School, focused on gathering support for the creation of a four-year college in Southern California. When the Los Angeles State Normal School became the Southern Branch of the University of California in 1919, the group's initial political objective was met.
    Subsequently, the FWC met to consider the club's future. By the spring of 1920 the first constitution and purpose of the FWC of the Southern Branch of the University of California had been drafted. The Club's purpose became the promotion of good fellowship for UCLA women faculty, faculty wives, women staff, and wives of staff who are directly connected with the academic aspects of the University. FWC also sought to promote educational and social activities and to provide educational scholarships for UCLA students.

    Scope and Content

    Record Series 696 contains scrapbooks and photographs from the Faculty Women's club, dating from 1948 to 2004.
    This is an active record series; additional University records are expected to be added.

    UCLA Catalog Record ID

    UCLA Catalog Record ID: 4475136