Jump to Content
1. Articles for publication. Only some articles written by Belcher, but all of them carefully censored by him.
2. Scrapbook containing the Ernest Belcher Eight Grade System of teaching ballet and some of the series of Belcher Technique published in The American Dancer.
3. Miscellaneous magazines, clippings, and articles which mention Mr. Belcher and his students.
4. Catalogues and material from dancing schools.
5. Scrapbook of photographs from his career in England.
6. Photographs of Mr. Belcher's dance school at 607 South Western Avenue, Los Angeles.
7. Some pictures from the dance sequences in the movie The Hunchback of Notre Dame.
8. 4 envelopes of photographs of Mr. Belcher's students, family, production numbers and miscellaneous.
9. Photographs of paintings by Mario Larrinago which were done for Mr. Belcher's studio at 607 South Western Avenue, Los Angeles.
10. London photographs and photographs of his large home in Los Angeles on Orange Drive.
11. Miscellaneous large photographs.
12. 2 watercolors which Mr. Belcher painted in 1897.
13. Photographs of Mr. Belcher and his partners during his career in England from about 1903-1914.
14. Notebook of Mr. Belcher's notes and sketches.
15. Scrapbook of Mr. Belcher's Garden - taken about 1919.
Items 16-18 removed.
19. Book: 25 Years of American Dance, Doris Hering, editor, 1951.
20. 2 Bound Volumes of The Dancing Times, 1913-1914 and 1917-1918.
21. Miscellaneous drawings and sketches by Mr. Belcher.
22. The Dancing Times pamphlet Some Famous Dancers of XXth Century. n.d.
23. 8 Souvenir Programs.
24. Miscellaneous programs from the late 19th century theater productions in England, program from Pavlova performance in the United States, program from performance of Adeline Genee.
25. Music and notes to some of Mr. Belcher's dances.
26. Original scores for Carnival of Venice, by Hayes Malotte (Hollywood Bowl performance) and Valse Celeste, by Kenneth Park.
27. Miscellaneous programs from studio performances which were not put into 4 large scrapbooks.
28. Book: The How and Why Wonder Book of Ballet by Lee Wyndham, 1961.
29. London Dancing Times.
1916 - October & November
1917 - January & July
1918 - January, April, June, July, August & September
1919 - March, April, May, August, September, November & December
1948 - July
1955 - May
1958 - May
1960 - October
1962 - May, October, November & December
1963 - December
1964 - January, February, April & March
1968 - July
30. The Dancing Master, April 1929.
31. The American Dancer.
1930 - November
1931 - June & September
1933 - May
32. The Dance Magazine .
1928 - November
1929 - October
1942 - October
1954 - September
1956 - February
1958 - May & July
1959 - December
1960 - December
1963 - November
1964 - January, February, March & April
Item 33 removed.
34. The Dancer, November & December 1928.
35. 4 large scrapbooks containing articles and clippings about Mr. Belcher, his studio and his students from 1916 to about 1936.
36. Hollywood Bowl Souvenir Program - June 22, 1926 - Large rededication concert at the time the shell was erected and improvements had been made.
37. Paper written for Dr. Laban's Dance 596 class. Ernest Belcher, the Father of Ballet in Southern California by Hawley, Renée Dunia. Los Angeles, 1969.
38. Tape recording. Interview with Ernest Belcher, 1969.