Ledgers and correspondence relating to the organization and financial concerns of the Chico Electric Railway.
Articles of incorporation for the Chico Electric Railway Company were filed on August 12, 1904. Impetus for the organization
of the firm came from the Diamond Match Company which provided equipment during construction and housed the line's first substation
at its Chico plant. Service on the Chico Electric Railway began on January 1, 1905, but in August of that year its 5.14 miles
of track in Chico were acquired by the expanding Northern Electric Company, later the Northern Electric Railway.
Copyright has not been assigned to the California State Railroad Museum. All requests for
permission to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Senior
Curator. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the CSRM as the owner of the
physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder,
which must also be obtained by the reader.