Guide to the Page Mill Road Co-ordinating Committee Records, 1965-1966

Processed by Special Collections staff; machine-readable finding aid created by C. Del Anderson
Department of Special Collections
Green Library
Stanford University Libraries
Stanford, CA 94305-6004
Phone: (650) 725-1022
Email: speccollref@stanford.edu
URL: http://www-sul.stanford.edu/depts/spc/
© 1998
The Board of Trustees of Stanford University. All rights reserved.

Guide to the Page Mill Road Co-ordinating Committee Records, 1965-1966

Collection number: M0970

Department of Special Collections and University Archives

Stanford University Libraries

Stanford, California

Contact Information

  • Department of Special Collections
  • Green Library
  • Stanford University Libraries
  • Stanford, CA 94305-6004
  • Phone: (650) 725-1022
  • Email: speccoll@sulmail.stanford.edu
  • URL: http://www-sul.stanford.edu/depts/spc/
Processed by:
Special Collections staff
Date Completed:
1998
Encoded by:
C. Del Anderson
© 1998 The Board of Trustees of Stanford University. All rights reserved.

Descriptive Summary

Title: Page Mill Road Co-ordinating Committee Records,
Date (inclusive): 1965-1966
Collection number: Special Collections M0970
Creator:
Extent: .5 linear ft.
Repository: Stanford University. Libraries. Dept. of Special Collections and University Archives.
Language: English.

Administrative Information

Access Restrictions

None.

Publication Rights

Property rights reside with the repository. Literary rights reside with the creators of the documents or their heirs. To obtain permission to publish or reproduce, please contact the Public Services Librarian of the Dept. of Special Collections.

Provenance

Gift of Lois Crozier Hogle, 1998

Preferred Citation:

[Identification of item] Page Mill Road Co-ordinating Committee Records, M0970, Dept. of Special Collections, Stanford University Libraries, Stanford, Calif.

Biography

In the early sixties Stanford University was developing its Coyote Hill and Deer Park lands to the west of Junipero Serra Blvd. That project, together with the construction of Highway 280, created a need to widen Page Mill Road, particularly between Junipero Serra and 280. The proposed route ran along a creek past some homes and a historical site. The Page Mill Road Co-ordinating Committee, an early outgrowth of Committee for Green Foothills, worked to get the new road rerouted and a safe underpass constructed below Highway 280 for non-vehicular traffic. They also sought to complete a non- vehicular trail running roughly in the Page Mill corridor from Junipero Serra to the Skyline Road.

Scope and Content

Correspondence, committee meeting minutes, news clippings, flyers, photographs, blue prints, and publications.

Access terms

Allyn, Elizabeth H.
Bunneman, Oscar.
Ginzton, Artemas.
Gordon, Mary.
Grench, Norma.
Hansen, Ralph W.
Hogle, Lois Crozier.
Liukkonen, Reino.
Moffat, Mary.
Pearson, Enid.
Committee for Green Foothills.
Stanford University--Planning.
Palo Alto (Calif.)--History.
San Francisco Bay Region--Conservation of natural resources.


Container List

Box 1, Folder 1

Correspondence 1964

Box 1, Folder 2

Correspondence and minutes 1965

Box 1, Folder 3

Minutes 1965

Box 1, Folder 4

Correspondence 1966

Box 1, Folder 5

Correspondence 1967-1968

Box 1, Folder 6

Correspondence and notes n.d.

Box 1, Folder 7

Membership List n.d.

Box 1, Folder 8

Petition 1965

Box 1, Folder 9

"Historical notes of interest surrounding Page Mill Road and Environs," by Ralph Hansen, Palo Alto Historian n.d.

Box 1, Folder 10

Material used in Page Mill - Serra Interchange report 1965

Box 1, Folder 11

Maps n.d.

Box 1, Folder 12

Reports: "A study of Page Mill Road" (3 copies), and "Proposal for a pathway system through the Page Mill - Junipero Serra Interchange." 1965

Box 1, Folder 13

Correspondence 1964

Box 1, Folder 14

Photographs (8 x 10, black and white glossies), 5 prints, 10 negatives, (in envelope marked "Esther Litton." n.d.

Box 1, Folder 15

Blueprint n.d.

Box 1, Folder 16

News Clippings 1964 - 1966

Box 1, Folder 17

Stanford development 1960 - 1970