This collection contains minutes, correspondence, notes, newsletters, reports, yearbooks,
financial records, membership lists, scrapbooks, photographs, clippings, forms and other
documents and publications relating to the School and the Alumnae Association.
Mrs. Dr. Charlotte Blake Brown, Mrs. Dr. Martha E. Bucknell, and ten San Francisco women
founded Children's Hospital (then called the Pacific Dispensary for Women and Children)
on February 26, 1875. From a $30-a-month group of rooms at 520 Taylor Street, the
Dispensary moved six times before arriving, in 1887, at its current location at
California Street near Maple.