Guide to the Leland Stanford's Sacramento Residence Photographs
Stanford University Libraries Department of Special Collections and University ArchivesOctober 2010
Copyright © 2011 The Board of Trustees of Stanford University. All rights reserved.
This encoded finding aid is compliant with Stanford EAD Best Practice Guidelines, Version 1.0.
Call Number: PC0026
Title: Leland Stanford's Sacramento residence
Physical Description: 0.5 linear foot
Summary: Negatives, contact sheets, and prints of exterior and interior shots of the Stanfords' Sacramento residence; the bulk of the photographs were taken on January 18, 1985, with the remainder taken in August 1986.
Language(s): The materials are in English.
Repository: Department of Special Collections and University Archives
Stanford University Libraries
557 Escondido Mall
Stanford, CA 94305-6064
Phone: (650) 725-1022
This collection is open for research.
All requests to reproduce, publish, quote from, or otherwise use collection materials must be submitted in writing to the Head of Special Collections and University Archives, Stanford University Libraries, Stanford, California 94304-6064. Consent is given on behalf of Special Collections as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission from the copyright owner. Such permission must be obtained from the copyright owner, heir(s) or assigns. See: http://library.stanford.edu/depts/spc/pubserv/permissions.html.
Restrictions also apply to digital representations of the original materials. Use of digital files is restricted to research and educational purposes.
Leland Stanford's Sacramento Residence Photographs (PC0026). Department of Special Collections and University Archives, Stanford University Libraries, Stanford, Calif.
In 1861, the same year he was elected governor of California, Leland Stanford purchased the former Shelton C. Fogus mansion in Sacramento. Over the years, Jane and Leland Stanford substantially enlarged the house. It remained one of the Stanfords' residences until 1900, when Jane Stanford gave it to the Roman Catholic Diocese of Sacramento to be used as an orphanage. It is now a State Historic Park.
Negatives, contact sheets, and prints of exterior and interior shots of the Stanfords' Sacramento residence; the bulk of the photographs were taken on January 18, 1985, with the remainder taken in August 1986.
Architecture, Victorian--United States.
Leland Stanford House (Sacramento, Calif.)