Finding Aid to the Sigurd Hagen And Paul Hagen Photographs, 1910-1958
San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park
National Park Service
Finding Aid to the Sigurd Hagen and Paul Hagen photographs, 1910-1958
Collection Number: P05-015San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park
Historic Documents Department
San Francisco, California
- San Francisco Maritime
- National Historical Park
- Third Floor, Building E, Fort Mason
- San Francisco, CA 94123
- Phone: 415-561-7030
- Fax: 415-556-3540
- All written inquiries should include your name, mailing address, and telephone numbers.
- Processed by:
- Charles Miller
- Date Completed:
- Encoded by:
- San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park,
Historic Documents Department
There are no restrictions based on the condition of this material. However, you should be aware that access to collection material is always at the discretion of NPS curatorial staff if the condition warrants restricting the access and handling of the collection items at any time.
Conditions of Use
The collection is cataloged in the National Park Service (NPS) Automated National Catalog System (ANCS+). A portion of the ANCS+ catalog record can be viewed on the NPS Museum Collections on the Web Catalog by searching on the catalog number 20703 at http://www.museum.nps.gov/safr/page.htm. Do not include the acronym "SAFR" in the search.
The OREGON, IDAHO and SVEA were the three vessels of the Wilson Brothers & Co. fleet. OREGOA and IDAHO were both built by the Aberdeen Shipbuilding Company in 1916 in Aberdeen, WA. SVEA was built in 1906 in Fairhaven CA. They were among the last of the active wooden steam schooners and were the last to remain intact in California waters. They were laid up in Oakland Creek in the 1930s, but were not dismantled until late in 1950.
1. Postcard, wrecked FARALLON (steamship), Cooks Inlet, Alaska, January 5, 1910;
postmarked July 21, 1918, Kena, Alaska, postcard from "Harold" to Sigurd Hagen.
2. Postcard, Shipping scene, Mukilteo, WA, n.d.
3-7. 5 small photographic prints, in envelope labeled "S/Schr pics"
handwritten order number on the verso.
"Commercial Studios, Oakland, California" with address, no order number.
9. SH-1, deck of one of the Wilson Brothers steam schooners; all of the prints here on are
stamped "Herrington Olson Photography"
10. SH-3, OREGON on left, IDAHO on right (captioned)
11. SH-4, ships papers of registration aboard OREGON, a "class A 1" vessel, dated
December 5, 1916. (captioned)
12. SH-7, bunk aboard unnamed vessel.
13. SH-12, section of 1st mate's cabin on SVEA (captioned)
14. SH-15, dining room aboard unnamed vessel.
15. SH-17, bow of OREGON, photograph taken from SVEA.
16. SH-18, hanging glass lantern, aboard unnamed vessel.
17. SH-19, deck of unnamed vessel.
18. SH-22, Caretaker of SVEA, OREGON and IDAHO. Wooden rudder is shown on
deck below. (captioned)
19. SH-23, pilot house of SVEA.
20. SH-24, black cat on bow of unnamed vessel, with IDAHO in background.
21. SH-25, deck of unnamed vessel [two copies]
22. SH-29, deck of unnamed vessel, with hull of another in background.
23. SH-31, looking down onto deck of unnamed vessel.
24. SH-32, deck of unnamed vessel.
25. SH-33, bow of IDAHO.
26. SH-34, bow of IDAHO.
27. SH-35, Wheel and compass on IDAHO (caption).
28. SH-36, galley on IDAHO (caption).
29. SH-37, looking up towards pilot house (?) of unnamed vessel, with dog on deck.
30. SH-38, side of IDAHO.
31. SH-39, side of IDAHO and another vessel, with kids pulling rope in foreground.
32. SH-40, IDAHO, from deck of unnamed vessel.