Guide to the Stanford Sacramento House Papers SCM0146
Finding aid prepared by Daniel Hartwig
Dept. of Special Collections & University ArchivesMay 2011
Stanford University Libraries.
557 Escondido Mall
Stanford, California, 94305
Repository email: email@example.com
Title: Stanford Sacramento House papers
Identifier/Call Number: SCM0146
Contributing Institution: Dept. of Special Collections & University Archives
Language of Material: English
Physical Description: 1.0 folder(s)
Date (inclusive): 1983-1985
creator: Stanford Historical Society.
Correspondence, reports, minutes, and memoranda pertaining to the creation of the Stanford House State Historical Park; correspondents include Harvey Hall, Dorothy F. Regnery, John T. Doolittle, Byron Sher, and Phillip Isenberg.
In 1861, the same year he was elected governor of California, Leland Stanford purchased the former Shelton C. Fogus mansion in Sacramento. Over the years, Jane and Leland Stanford substantially enlarged the house. It remained one of the Stanford's residences until 1900, when Jane Stanford gave it to the Roman Catholic Diocese of Sacramento to be used as an orphanage.
Subjects and Indexing Terms
Doolittle, John T.
Regnery, Dorothy F.
Sher, Byron D.
Stanford-Lathrop House (Sacramento, Calif.).
Stanford House State Historical Park.