Jump to Content

Collection Guide
Collection Title:
Collection Number:
Get Items:
Guide to the Stanford Sacramento House Papers
View entire collection guide What's This?
PDF (52.68 Kb) HTML
Search this collection
Collection Details
Table of contents What's This?
  • Overview
  • Biographical/Historical note
  • Scope and Contents note
  • Access Terms

  • Overview

    Call Number: SCM0146
    Creator: Stanford Historical Society.
    Title: Stanford Sacramento House papers
    Dates: 1983-1985
    Physical Description: 0.02 Linear feet (1 folder)
    Language(s): The materials are in English.
    Repository: Department of Special Collections and University Archives
    Green Library
    557 Escondido Mall
    Stanford, CA 94305-6064
    Email: specialcollections@stanford.edu
    Phone: (650) 725-1022
    URL: http://library.stanford.edu/spc

    Biographical/Historical note

    In 1861, the same year he was elected governor of California, Leland Stanford purchased the former Shelton C. Fogus mansion in Sacramento. Over the years, Jane and Leland Stanford substantially enlarged the house. It remained one of the Stanford's residences until 1900, when Jane Stanford gave it to the Roman Catholic Diocese of Sacramento to be used as an orphanage.

    Scope and Contents note

    Correspondence, reports, minutes, and memoranda pertaining to the creation of the Stanford House State Historical Park; correspondents include Harvey Hall, Dorothy F. Regnery, John T. Doolittle, Byron Sher, and Phillip Isenberg.

    Access Terms

    Doolittle, John T.
    Hall, Harvey.
    Isenberg, Phillip.
    Regnery, Dorothy F.
    Sher, Byron D.
    Stanford-Lathrop House (Sacramento, Calif.).
    Stanford family.
    Stanford House State Historical Park.