Correspondence, reports, minutes, and memoranda pertaining to the creation of the Stanford House State Historical Park; correspondents
include Harvey Hall, Dorothy F. Regnery, John T. Doolittle, Byron Sher, and Phillip Isenberg.
In 1861, the same year he was elected governor of California, Leland Stanford purchased the former Shelton C. Fogus mansion
in Sacramento. Over the years, Jane and Leland Stanford substantially enlarged the house. It remained one of the Stanford's
residences until 1900, when Jane Stanford gave it to the Roman Catholic Diocese of Sacramento to be used as an orphanage.