Materials in this collection are from the San Pedro Rancho Nursery and Del Amo Nursery. They include ledges, tax documents,
correspondence, contract information, catalogs, and artifacts on the subjects of growing and providing landscaping materials,
daily business practices, contracts with cities and theme parks, and other topics.
The San Pedro Ranch Nursery Company was founded in February 1921 by Dr. Gregorio del Amo y Gonzales, husband of Maria Susana
Delfina Dominguez, daughter of Manuel Dominguez. Dr. del Amo had a strong interest in horticulture since his childhood and
founded the nursery to provide trees and shrubs for the landscaping of Dominguez Hills, as well as to provide an occupation
for his son, Carlos. The nursery was incorporated in April 1923 and renamed Del Amo Nurseries in May 1933. In 1937, the Del
Amo Nurseries was merged into the Del Amo Estate Company.
(32 linear feet)
All requests for permission to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Director of Archives
and Special Collections. Permission for publication is given on behalf of Special Collections as the owner of the physical
materials and not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained.
There are no access restrictions on this collection.