Information for Researchers
Title: Ophelia (built 1863; bark, 3m) postcard,
Date: circa 1907-1939
Collection No: P05-020
Marine Exchange Inc.
San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park (Calif.)
Historic Documents Department
Building E, Fort Mason
San Francisco, California 94123
Abstract: This is a single black-and-white photographic postcard of a marine painting of the bark OPHELIA.
Physical Location: Historic Documents Department
The following are indexing terms related to the description of this collection.
Ophelia (built 1863; bark, 3m)
Information for Researchers
This collection is open for research.
There are no restrictions based on the condition of this material. However, you should be aware that access to collection
material is always at the discretion of NPS curatorial staff if the condition warrants restricting the access and handling
of the collection items at any time.
Conditions of Use
The San Francisco Maritime NHP possesses physical property rights through ownership of the materials. However, copyright may
reside with the individual or corporate body responsible for the creation of the materials, or with their heirs. It is the
user's responsibility to respect the provisions of the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code).
Permission to reproduce or publish from this collection must be secured by the user from the copyright holders.
[Item title or description including date]. Ophelia (built 1863; bark, 3m) postcard, P05-020. [Location within collection
organization identified by container number, series number, file unit number, or item number]. Historic Documents Department,
San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park.
Processing and Cataloging
Processed by Charles Miller and completed 4/27/2005.
ANCS+ Catalog No. SAFR 20708.
The collection is cataloged in the National Park Service (NPS) Automated National Catalog System (ANCS+). A portion of the
ANCS+ catalog record can be viewed on the NPS
Museum Collections on the Web Catalog
by searching on the catalog number 20708 at
. Do not include the acronym "SAFR" in the search.
The three-masted bark OPHELIA was built in Glasgow in 1863, and owned by C. T. Bowring & Co.
The items were donated to the San Francisco Maritime Museum by the Marine Exchange on January 17, 1958. The materials were
accessioned into the National Park Service when the museum was made a unit of Golden Gate National Recreation Area (GOGA-735)
and then were transferred to San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park after the establishment of the new park in 1989
Accession number SAFR-00001.
Scope and Content
This is a single black-and-white photographic postcard of a marine painting of the bark OPHELIA.
The back of the postcard has space for correspondence as well as address so likely dates after 1907.