This report, commissioned by the Stanford Planning Office, documents the original interior paint colors used in the Museum.
Included in the report are photographs and colored sketches.
The Stanford Museum was built in memory of Leland Stanford Jr., son of Leland and Jane Stanford. It was one of the first structures
in the United States to be built completely of reinforced concrete, engineered by Ernest Ransome. Construction was begun in
1891; the Museum opened its doors in 1894.
All requests to reproduce, publish, quote from, or otherwise use collection materials must be submitted in writing to the
Head of Special Collections and University Archives, Stanford University Libraries, Stanford, California 94304-6064. Consent
is given on behalf of Special Collections as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission
from the copyright owner. Such permission must be obtained from the copyright owner, heir(s) or assigns. See: http://library.stanford.edu/depts/spc/pubserv/permissions.html.