Collection consists primarily of minutes of the Board of
Directors and the Executive Committee, with some reports, financial statements,
correspondence, memoranda, articles and brochures. Topics include research projects,
financing, board membership, equipment needs, facility growth, and other administrative
The Stanford Research Institute was organized in 1946 as an applied research center for
industry and government. In 1970 it became independent from Stanford University and in
1977 changed its name to SRI International.
All requests to reproduce, publish, quote from, or otherwise use collection materials
must be submitted in writing to the Head of Special Collections and University
Archives, Stanford University Libraries, Stanford, California 94304-6064. Consent is
given on behalf of Special Collections as the owner of the physical items and is not
intended to include or imply permission from the copyright owner. Such permission
must be obtained from the copyright owner, heir(s) or assigns. See:
This collection is open for research.