Jump to Content

Collection Guide
Collection Title:
Collection Number:
Get Items:
Finding aid of the Oregon Ledger
MSS 089  
View entire collection guide What's This?
PDF (53.80 Kb) HTML
Search this collection
Collection Details
 
Table of contents What's This?
  • Descriptive Summary
  • Access
  • Publication Rights
  • Preferred Citation
  • Biography / Administrative History
  • Scope and Content of Collection
  • Indexing Terms

  • Descriptive Summary

    Title: Oregon ledger
    Dates: 1867-1888
    Collection number: MSS 089
    Creator: Occidental Market (Portland, Or.)
    Collection Size: 0.5 linear feet
    Repository: University of the Pacific. Library. Holt-Atherton Dept. of Special Collections
    Stockton, California 95211
    Abstract: Business ledger used by several different groups and individuals in various Oregon cities (1867-1888). Occidental Meat Market daybook (Portland, Or., 1867; Albany, Or., 1868; unspecified location, 1876) occupies pages 1-96, 336, 349-350, 355. Douglas County School District no. 50 (Cleveland, Or.) school board minutes (1872-1888) occupy pages 97-138. Cleveland Lodge no. 175 of Good Templars (Cleveland, Or.) minutes occupy pages 164, 169, 171-184, and 262-265.
    Physical location: For current information on the location of these materials, please consult the library's online catalog.
    Languages: Languages represented in the collection: English

    Access

    Collection open for research.

    Publication Rights

    Permission for publication is given on behalf of Special Collections as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.

    Preferred Citation

    Oregon ledger. MSS 089. Holt-Atherton Department of Special Collections, University of the Pacific Library.

    Biography / Administrative History

    Occidental Market, operated by G.V. Marshall and Louis Jantzen, sold wholesale meats first in Portland, then in Albany, Or. (1867-1876). Their principal customers were hotels and restaurants. Douglas County (Or.) School District no. 50 operated Cleveland School in hamlet of Cleveland (1872-1888). School had forty-eight pupils (1884). Cleveland Lodge no. 175 of Good Templars was local chapter of a temperance organization with both male and female members (1872-1873.

    Scope and Content of Collection

    Business ledger used by several different groups and individuals in various Oregon cities (1867-1888). Occidental Meat Market daybook (Portland, Or., 1867; Albany, Or., 1868; unspecified location, 1876) occupies pages 1-96, 336, 349-350, 355. Douglas County School District no. 50 (Cleveland, Or.) school board minutes (1872-1888) occupy pages 97-138. Cleveland Lodge no. 175 of Good Templars (Cleveland, Or.) minutes occupy pages 164, 169, 171-184, and 262-265.

    Indexing Terms

    The following terms have been used to index the description of this collection in the library's online public access catalog.
    Douglas County (Or.) - School District no. 50
    International Order of Good Templars - Cleveland Lodge no. 175 (Or.)
    Meat industry and trade - Oregon
    School boards - Oregon
    Temperance - Oregon - Societies, etc.