Guide to the Resident Stanford Alumnae Association Records

Daniel Hartwig
Stanford University Libraries Department of Special Collections and University Archives
Stanford, California
October 2010
Copyright © 2011 The Board of Trustees of Stanford University. All rights reserved.

Note

This encoded finding aid is compliant with Stanford EAD Best Practice Guidelines, Version 1.0.


Overview

Call Number: SC0976
Creator: Resident Stanford Alumnae Association
Title: Resident Stanford Alumnae Association records
Dates: 1909-1933
Physical Description: 0.25 linear foot
Summary: Records include two minute books, 1909-1933, also containing membership records and the constitution and by-laws; financial records, primarily pertaining to the tea fund, 1917-1928; letters from Helen Cubberley largely pertaining to the clubhouse, 1926-31; and miscellaneous articles, 1919-25.
Language(s): The materials are in English.
Repository: Department of Special Collections and University Archives
Stanford University Libraries
557 Escondido Mall
Stanford, CA 94305-6064
Email: speccollref@stanford.edu
Phone: (650) 725-1022
URL: http://www-sul.stanford.edu/depts/spc/spc.html

Administrative Information

Information about Access

This collection is open for research.

Ownership & Copyright

All requests to reproduce, publish, quote from, or otherwise use collection materials must be submitted in writing to the Head of Special Collections and University Archives, Stanford University Libraries, Stanford, California 94304-6064. Consent is given on behalf of Special Collections as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission from the copyright owner. Such permission must be obtained from the copyright owner, heir(s) or assigns. See: http://library.stanford.edu/depts/spc/pubserv/permissions.html.
Restrictions also apply to digital representations of the original materials. Use of digital files is restricted to research and educational purposes.

Cite As

Resident Stanford Alumnae Association Records (SC0976). Dept. of Special Collections and University Archives, Stanford University Libraries, Stanford, Calif.

Biographical/Historical Sketch

The object of the association, founded in 1909, was to promote the interests of Stanford women, both undergraduates and alumnae. Membership was open to women who had taken a degree at Stanford as well as former women students. The Association helped with fundraising for the Women's Clubhouse and after its opening, held weekly teas there, using the proceeds to complete the furnishings in the Clubhouse. In October 1932 the name was changed to the Peninsula Stanford Women's Club.

Description of the Collection

Records include two minute books, 1909-1933, also containing membership records and the constitution and by-laws; financial records, primarily pertaining to the tea fund, 1917-1928; letters from Helen Cubberley largely pertaining to the clubhouse, 1926-31; and miscellaneous articles, 1919-25.

Access Terms

Cubberley, Helen.
Peninsula Stanford Women's Club.
Resident Stanford Alumnae Association
Stanford University--Alumni.
Women college students.


Collection Contents

Box 1

Records