Records include two minute books, 1909-1933, also containing membership records and the constitution and by-laws; financial
records, primarily pertaining to the tea fund, 1917-1928; letters from Helen Cubberley largely pertaining to the clubhouse,
1926-31; and miscellaneous articles, 1919-25.
The object of the association, founded in 1909, was to promote the interests of Stanford women, both undergraduates and alumnae.
Membership was open to women who had taken a degree at Stanford as well as former women students. The Association helped with
fundraising for the Women's Clubhouse and after its opening, held weekly teas there, using the proceeds to complete the furnishings
in the Clubhouse. In October 1932 the name was changed to the Peninsula Stanford Women's Club.
All requests to reproduce, publish, quote from, or otherwise use collection materials must be submitted in writing to the
Head of Special Collections and University Archives, Stanford University Libraries, Stanford, California 94304-6064. Consent
is given on behalf of Special Collections as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission
from the copyright owner. Such permission must be obtained from the copyright owner, heir(s) or assigns. See: http://library.stanford.edu/depts/spc/pubserv/permissions.html.
This collection is open for research.