Collection contains two photograph albums belonging to Charles E. Hodges, resident draftsman and later architect at Stanford
University. Volume 28.1 (ca. 1898-1905) contains images of Memorial Arch and its frieze; the Stanford University Inn; interiors
and exteriors of faculty houses and fraternities, some of which are annotated with the name, cost, and date erected; Memorial
Church under construction; the campus home of Mrs. Stanford's brother and business manager, Charles G. Lathrop; a cornerstone
laying in the Quad (possibly the T. W. Stanford Library, 1898); cactus garden; and the front of the 1905 gymnasium (destroyed
in the 1906 quake). Volume 28.2 contains photographs by Joseph Collier; Stanford subjects include the main quad (parts of
which were still under construction), Memorial Arch, Roble and Encina dorms, the museum, the Stanford home and its grounds
on campus, the cactus garden, interior of Escondite Cottage, John D. McGilvray with what may be representatives of Salviati
and Co., and other views of campus. Non-Stanford subjects include the Flood estate, San Francisco buildings and private homes,
and unidentified people. Volume 28.2 is inscribed to Hodges from John D. McGilvray, 1902; cover is embossed "Photographs J.
All requests to reproduce, publish, quote from, or otherwise use collection materials must be submitted in writing to the
Head of Special Collections and University Archives, Stanford University Libraries, Stanford, California 94304-6064. Consent
is given on behalf of Special Collections as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission
from the copyright owner. Such permission must be obtained from the copyright owner, heir(s) or assigns. See: http://library.stanford.edu/depts/spc/pubserv/permissions.html.