Photographs include images of the damage at Stanford from the 1906 earthquake; buildings include Memorial Church, museum,
new gymnasium and library, chemistry, Encina, the entrance gates, and Memorial Arch. Images taken in 1921-23 include the inner
quad and the new stadium. There are also 5 photos taken in 1937 of Hacienda de Lemos, (identified on the original envelope
as “Palo Alto Pedro de Lemos”).
Gale Stanley Strout earned his A.B. in civil engineering at Stanford in 1906; he married Ruth Tarbell (A.B., Stanford 1905)
All requests to reproduce, publish, quote from, or otherwise use collection materials must be submitted in writing to the
Head of Special Collections and University Archives, Stanford University Libraries, Stanford, California 94304-6064. Consent
is given on behalf of Special Collections as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission
from the copyright owner. Such permission must be obtained from the copyright owner, heir(s) or assigns. See: http://library.stanford.edu/depts/spc/pubserv/permissions.html.
This collection is open for research.