This interview largely concerns Thomas D. Church's role in Stanford's architecture and planning; other subjects include Frederic
Law Olmsted at Stanford, major elements of campus architecture as it was in 1978, use of outside architects, and future development.
Harry L. Sanders was the first full-time director of planning at Stanford University. He joined the Planning Office in 1956,
was appointed director in 1960, and retired in 1976; during his tenure, Stanford experienced its greatest period of development
since its opening in 1891. Thomas D. Church, a prominent landscape architect in the San Francisco Bay Area, was the landscape
consultant for Stanford University and a member of its Architectural Advisory Council.
0.02 Linear feet (1 folder)
All requests to reproduce, publish, quote from, or otherwise use collection materials must be submitted in writing to the
Head of Special Collections and University Archives, Stanford University Libraries, Stanford, California 94305-6064. Consent
is given on behalf of Special Collections as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission
from the copyright owner. Such permission must be obtained from the copyright owner, heir(s) or assigns. See: http://library.stanford.edu/spc/using-collections/permission-publish.
The materials are open for research use. Audio-visual materials are not available in original format, and must be reformatted
to a digital use copy.