The Fisher Gallery records document the functions and activities of the Fisher Gallery at the University of Southern California,
consisting of the papers of Gallery Directors; records, publications, and media of exhibits; documents of loans; records pertaining
to the USC Museum Studies Program; and papers from the Friends of Art/Council of Fine Arts.
In 1939, the Fisher Gallery was established at the University of Southern California University Park campus as the first museum
in Los Angeles dedicated to the collection and exhibition of fine arts. Mrs. Elizabeth Holmes Fisher contributed the funds
to build the Gallery and donated her collection of European and American art to USC. In 1942, the Gallery was expanded with
a new exhibit space, the Quinn wing. Winnifred Poingdestre was the first Director of the Fisher Gallery until retiring in
35.0 Linear feet
51 boxes and one oversize box
All requests for permission to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the University Archivist.
Permission for publication is given on behalf of University Archives as the owner of the physical material, and is not intended
to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained.
Collection is stored off-site and advance notice is required for access.