Guide to the Stanford University, Museum of Art, Feasibility Study of Post Earthquake Renovations and Additions
Stanford University Libraries. Dept. of Special Collections & University Archives.May 2011
Copyright © 2013 The Board of Trustees of the Leland Stanford Junior University. All rights reserved.
Call Number: SCM0197
Creator: William Turnbull Associates
Title: Stanford University, Museum of Art, Feasibility Study; Post Earthquake Renovations and Additions
Physical Description: 0.125 Linear feet (1 volume)
Language(s): The materials are in English.
Repository: Dept. of Special Collections & University Archives.
Stanford University Libraries.
557 Escondido Mall
Stanford, CA 94305-6064
Phone: (650) 725-1022
The Stanford Museum was built in memory of Leland Stanford Jr., son of Leland and Jane Stanford. It was one of the first structures in the United States to be built completely of reinforced concrete, engineered by Ernest Ransome. Construction was begun in 1891; the Museum opened its doors in 1894.
This study, designed to address the renovation of the museum and repair of structural damages caused by the Loma Prieta earthquake of October 1989, includes architectural drawings, sketches, and photographic illustrations.
Stanford University. Museum of Art