This study, designed to address the renovation of the museum and repair of structural damages caused by the Loma Prieta earthquake
of October 1989, includes architectural drawings, sketches, and photographic illustrations.
The Stanford Museum was built in memory of Leland Stanford Jr., son of Leland and Jane Stanford. It was one of the first structures
in the United States to be built completely of reinforced concrete, engineered by Ernest Ransome. Construction was begun in
1891; the Museum opened its doors in 1894.
0.125 Linear feet (1 volume)