The Pasadena Guidance Clinic records consists of annual reports, financial statements, correspondence, program and grant proposals,
administrative and organizational records, 1942-1997 (bulk 1960s-1990s), documenting the growth of the clinic's services.
With its central headquarters presently located in Pasadena, California, Pasadena Guidance Clinics (now known as Pacific Clinics)
was originally founded in 1926 as an outreach of the Los Angeles Child Guidance Clinic. This outreach later became the Pasadena
Child Guidance Clinic. In 1980 this latter name was changed to Pasadena Guidance Clinics, to reflect better the expansion
in the range of clients whom the Clinics now served. The Clinics had begun to treat both children and adults in the early
1970s, after originally concentrating its services on children. The final name change occurred in 1987, when the Pasadena
Guidance Clinics became the Pacific Clinics.
8.0 linear ft.
The use of archival materials for on-site research does not constitute permission from the California Social Welfare Archives
to publish them. Copyright has not been assigned to the California Social Welfare Archives, and the researcher is instructed
to obtain permission to quote from or publish manuscripts in the CSWA's collections from the copyright holder.