Records of the San Diego County Hospital. This collection comprises hospital registers, discharge records and service analysis
ledgers, as well as birth and death registers. The materials range between 1912 and 1954, with the bulk dating between 1940
The San Diego County Hospital, in existence since 1869, was originally located in Old Town. By 1889, the hospital was relocated
to Mission Valley, and in 1904 a new three story County Hospital building was opened in San Diego's Hillcrest neighborhood.
In the early 1960s, a new facility for the hospital was built on the same site and leased in 1966 to the UCSD School of Medicine,
who renamed it University Hospital. Fifteen years later, UCSD bought the facility and give it its current name: the UCSD Medical
3.8 Linear feet
(1 archive box, 3 flatboxes, 6 oversize bound volumes)
Publication rights are held by the creator of the collection.
Material in this collection containing protected health information are restricted. Researchers may request, from the Director
of Special Collections & Archives, that redacted copies be produced.