Evangelical sermons, prayers, and hymnal recordings on Compact Disc, originally broadcast from 1937 to 1968 on the radio program
Old Fashioned Revival Hour.
Charles Fuller (1887-1968) was a Baptist minister and radio evangelist. He gained renown as the radio host and speaker of
The Old Fashioned Revival Hour, a weekly Sunday broadcast that aired from 1937 to 1968. The first nationwide broadcast occurred
on October 3, 1937, on the Mutual Broadcasting System. Beginning in 1951, the program was carried on the ABC Radio Network,
heard on more than 650 radio stations. The Old Fashioned Revival Hour broadcast was originally recorded in a Hollywood studio.
In 1941, it was moved to the old Municipal Auditorium in Long Beach, California. From 1941 through 1958, audiences attended
services that were broadcast live on the radio from the Long Beach Municipal Auditorium. After January 12, 1958, the program
was again produced in a studio, until it ended in 1968. The broadcasts were also noted for the music, featuring the Old Fashioned
Revival Hour Choir and quartet, accompanied by organist George Broadbent and pianist Rudy Atwood. Several popular recordings
were made by the choir in the 1940s and 1950s. Re-broadcasts of the Old Fashioned Revival Hour are now streamed weekly on
Property rights reside with repository. Publication and reproduction rights reside with the creators or their heirs. To obtain
permission to publish or reproduce, please contact the Head Librarian of the Archive of Recorded Sound.