The Aztec Shops Records document the history of SDSU's bookstore and food services from 1959-1996. It consists solely of paper records, and includes
constitutions and by-laws, financial reports, operating budgets, board minutes, and copies of the employee manual. Also included
are promotional booklets and flyers, mail order catalogs, catering flyers, annual reports, and the complimentary student planners
distributed by the bookstore for many years. There is no filing order.
San Diego State University's Aztec Shops, Ltd. was incorporated in 1931 for the sole purpose of serving faculty, students,
and staff at SDSU. The bookstore and food services originally operated out of a small, temporary headquarters before the current
bookstore was built in 1958. The first portion of the dining commons was completed the same year, and replaced the only food
service then available on campus. East Commons was added in 1961, West Commons in 1966, and Aztec Center was opened in 1968.
The copyright interests in some of these materials have been transferred to or belong to San Diego State University. The nature
of historical archival and manuscript collections means that copyright status may be difficult or even impossible to determine.
Copyright resides with the creators of materials contained in the collection or their heirs. Requests for permission to publish
must be submitted to the Head of Special Collections, San Diego State University, Library and Information Access. When granted,
permission is given on behalf of Special Collections as the owner of the physical item and is not intended to include or imply
permission of the copyright holder(s), which must also be obtained in order to publish. Materials from our collections are
made available for use in research, teaching, and private study. The user must assume full responsibility for any use of the
materials, including but not limited to, infringement of copyright and publication rights of reproduced materials.
This collection is open for research.