Includes student body council minutes, student publications, student scrapbooks, memorabilia, and reunion materials.
University High School was a six year secondary school located in Oakland from 1914 to 1946. The school was comprised of a
Junior High of seventh, eighth and ninth grades, and a Senior High of tenth, eleventh and twelfth grades. The Board of Education
of the City of Oakland and the Education Department of the University of California maintained and operated the school, which
functioned as a state training school for secondary teachers. University High was located at 48th and Webster Streets in Oakland
from 1914 to 1922; in 1922 a new school was built at 5714 Grove Street. Classes were conducted there until 1946, when, due
to declining enrollment, the school was closed.
4 boxes, 17 vols., 1 package (7 linear ft.)
Copyright has not been assigned to The Bancroft Library. All requests for permission to publish or quote from manuscripts
must be submitted in writing to the Head of Public Services. Permission for publication is given on behalf of The Bancroft
Library as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which
must also be obtained by the reader.
Collection is open for research.