Records of the Dominguez Land Company (1911-1941). Included in the collection are contracts and grant deeds
detailing the sale of land throughout the city of Torrance, CA, as well as related correspondence and legal
documentation. Also includes documentation of the history of the Dominguez Land Corporation, and details of
its sale to Remco-Real Estate Management Company in 1941.
The Dominguez Land Company was originally formed in 1911 under the leadership of Jared Sidney Torrance,
who was company president. Original stockholders included Merris Hellman, Joseph F. Sartori, John S. Cravens,
Dr. W. Jarvis Barlow, and Torrance. In 1911, they purchased 2,792 acres of land (at $350 per acre) from the
Dominguez Estate Company and 730 acres from the Del Amo Estate Company (each owned by the daughters of Manuel
Dominguez). That land was broken up into lots and sold off, eventually forming the city of Torrance, CA. In
1912, the Dominguez Land Company incorporated and became known as the Dominguez Land Corporation.
[17.5 linear ft]
All requests for permission to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Director of Archives
and Special Collections. Permission for publication is given on behalf of Special Collections as the owner of the physical
materials and not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained.
There are no access restrictions on this collection.